A old male from a few weeks ago

Shooter222

Custom Call Maker
Figured I’d pass these piks on. I shot this dog as the second of a double on a new property a few weeks ago. Its teeth were pretty wore down. Definitely an older dog.
Ears were tore up from fighting and his back had scare tissue across it like a grazing shot at one time. He was 38lbs .

Wish I would have taken better piks before breaking him down. Anyone care to guess age on him? I have no idea. .

Laid out

Teeth

Teeth 2

Skull 2

Skull

Last edited:
Weekender - wish I would took some piks thru process but I didn’t. Was raining out when I did it.

So after we skinned him , I cut and pulled as much meat off skull “very time consuming “ I could with out scratching skull.
I use a cut metal clothes hanger with a small “L” bent in the end of it and go thru back of skull and scramble the brains up and pour water in and shake and pour it out. Takes a few times to get the brain matter out. I separated the lower jaw from the upper .

I then used an old Turkey cooker “that is only used for skulls” and boiled the skull for 10 mins. Just enough to Cook the meat left on skull. I Put on a yellow rain suit and fired up the power washer . I used it to blow the skin and meat off. After 20 -30 mins with power washer the skull was mighty clean.

I refilled Turkey cooker with water and this time I added powder woman’s hair bleach to the water. I mix it thoroughly and then once light boiling dropped the skull in for 15 mins and simmered. Pulled it out and let it dry.
Sometimes it takes two soaks in the bleach to get desired whiteness.

I learned this technique from an ole timer I met thru work years back. He showed me this on a deer skull.
I decided to try it on coyote skull. It worked well.

That’s about the just of it. Hope it helps someone .

Last edited:
That is one old timer! Think of the stories he could tell. Glad somebody is willing to help us learn the methods that work well, we should pass it along as you did, Thanks

Back