Help with new tripod setup

I’ve only had my gun locked in the arca Swiss mount and carried it around the yard. Not much hunting going on right now for me until maybe June or July. Fields have grown high in these parts need a first cut of hay. But I must say it’s really impressive so far. I like the features and weight. Very sturdy and easy to use.

I don’t have any experience with those kinds of tripods. I’ve used the trigger stick tripods for years. But Man that looks pretty good. Anyone got comments or concerns bout that one in the above video. I think I would buy that but would like to hear from anyone who’s had some experience with that one first.

So to add to this thread, I just started running a new Fatboy inverted leg, two sections and the new Levitate leveling bowl.

IMO its a nice upgrade over my 2vets, adjust WAY easier, stronger, legs don't cross or bang together, leg adjustment rings are covered in nice rubber for a nice grip and no noise if something bangs into it or laying it in the back of a truck.

The Levitate Leveling base is a wonderful piece of engineering! Instead of twisting to tighten or loosen, it has an "elbow" or joint in the handle so instead of twisting you simply pull of push it like a lever. Thus causes a camming action that locks or unlocks the head and is rock solid! Another benefit is when panning it won't tighten or loosen on its own, it stays locked or unlocked with whatever tension you want. Another GREAT feature is it works with either Arca or Picatinny and is fully adjustable to put however much tension you need as some rails are different specs and get worn. It also has a nice locking lever that locks in instead of a screw know and is much faster to lock or unlock your rifle.

IMO is the best thought out, most robust tripod on the market, period.

I purchased the Little Crow gunworks Death grip ball head kit. Very nice, put an arca plate on my AR with the stop removed from the mag well end of the arca plate. Easy to mount, very stable, sub 1" groups with the thermal sitting in a chair. Shot my Savage 220 with 3" sabots using the saddle, took a coyote from 80.5 yards during deer season.

So to add to this thread, I just started running a new Fatboy inverted leg, two sections and the new Levitate leveling bowl.

IMO its a nice upgrade over my 2vets, adjust WAY easier, stronger, legs don't cross or bang together, leg adjustment rings are covered in nice rubber for a nice grip and no noise if something bangs into it or laying it in the back of a truck.

The Levitate Leveling base is a wonderful piece of engineering! Instead of twisting to tighten or loosen, it has an "elbow" or joint in the handle so instead of twisting you simply pull of push it like a lever. Thus causes a camming action that locks or unlocks the head and is rock solid! Another benefit is when panning it won't tighten or loosen on its own, it stays locked or unlocked with whatever tension you want. Another GREAT feature is it works with either Arca or Picatinny and is fully adjustable to put however much tension you need as some rails are different specs and get worn. It also has a nice locking lever that locks in instead of a screw know and is much faster to lock or unlock your rifle.

IMO is the best thought out, most robust tripod on the market, period.
I watched the video on that setup, impressive piece of equipment. Price makes me stutter a bit though.....

Back