ATF Form 4 Wait Times.

Got a status email from Silencer Central last week and thought “Oh boy, finally!” It only said the application was still under review by ATF. For me, that’s 215 freakin’ days and counting for 2 suppressors! I eFiled with a trust through them.

Originally Posted By: Terry Lightle6 months is not happening ,I am over 7 months now

I think it will be a year with efile before long.

Can you tell me what is wrong with silencer central? I went through them and everything was very simmple. I called and told them what I wanted, filled out the paper work for trust, Paid the money, got finger print kit in 3 days, returned, 3 days. they sent me an email that they had received. They called to make sure all paper work was correct. Now waiting on ATF. Everything was taken care of at home within an hours time. Thought that really good

Purchased 11/22/21, Form 4 paper mailed 11/28/21, Check cashed 12/7/21. Called today to check status and found out it was approved 11/9/22. It will probably be two weeks till the stamp arrives, so nearly a year to the day. A friend of mine told me that a high volume suppressor shop near here told him if he needed/wanted another suppressor he better get it going ASAP. The proprietor said there were changes coming that might delay things as long as 2 years.
Edit to add....... I picked up the can today 11/23/22. Exactly 1 year and 1 day from purchase to pickup.

Last edited:
Just got mine out of jail on Friday. Electronically submitted on 6/10/22. Got the eForms Application Status Change Notification email on 3/10/23...exactly 9 months.

I e-filed May 19th last year, and was approved 10 days short of 9 months.

Averages the last 7 days

Submission Type Wait Range Median Wait
eForm 4 - - TRUST: 44 Days through 9 Months 9 Months
eForm 4 - -INDIVIDUAL: 4 Days through 9 Months 9 Months
eForm 4 - -CORPORATE: 9 Months 9 Months
Paper Form 4: N/A N/A
eForm 3: 1 Day through 9 Days 6 Days
Paper Form 3: N/A N/A

Wow. I purchased mine from Silencer Shop on March 25th, a week later did my thing at a kiosk, did my eforms certification on April 15th and to my surprise just got a phone call saying I could pick up my suppressor anytime. So by my math 37 days start to finish. Happy camper here.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ErmineWow no way! That’s crazy fast

No kidding. It would have been about a week faster if I had gotten to the kiosk right away. I will say I can’t believe how many people were at this small gun shop to pick up suppressors. Dave

Back