DeadAir customer service issues

I have found that the best approach with companies like this is to put a boot in their a$$ and let the chip fall where they may. They obviously are a second rate outfit and deserve no slack what so ever. I'm in the middle of a similar issue with another suppressor company. They made a defective (and are still making the same defective product) and couldn't resolve the defect. At least they had decent communication. I'm waiting on the outcome to my situation to decide if I make it public or not. None of these companies have the right to take peoples money and put out a crap product.

Originally Posted By: ibschmidty
Anyone have a suggestion on what I can do from here? I thought of going to the Utah Better Business Bureau and file a complaint.

Don't waste your time with the BBB. They have zero authority or power over anything except taking money from businesses to be on their list. I think the BBB is a scam, pretty much, myself, having been hounded by their sales people to pay them to be on their list.

My advice, keep pressing as hard as you can on Dead Air and in the meantime take that $200 and use it for a TBAC.

- DAA

If they are not going out of business, they should. They are not alone in this "here today gone tomorrow world".

There are a lot of new companies that bought a CNC machine, stole a design, found they couldn't make in the business and disappeared. They charge an arm and a leg for a product that costs them a fingernail to build.

There is NO truth in advertising when it comes to suppressors. Word of mouth is even less reliable because the ones giving advice don't really have a data bank to draw from.

Originally Posted By: IcedteaIf they are not going out of business, they should. They are not alone in this "here today gone tomorrow world".

There are a lot of new companies that bought a CNC machine, stole a design, found they couldn't make in the business and disappeared. They charge an arm and a leg for a product that costs them a fingernail to build.

There is NO truth in advertising when it comes to suppressors. Word of mouth is even less reliable because the ones giving advice don't really have a data bank to draw from.

Which is why people like Jay Idriss of Pew Science are very valuable, and are going to set a standard that each suppressor manufacturer will (or should) end up using.

I've chatted with him and we will be doing a podcast when I can make time. The guy is a professional, and a wealth of knowledge regarding suppressor testing and performance.

Testing suppressors is a science if done properly and honestly. I have more than a dozen "cans" and can tell you without a doubt I can make them sound any way I want by simply using different components in the ammo. Someone said "you pays yo money and takes yo chances" This is very true with suppressors.

The only true test is using testing equipment and a jury of people that know what they are hearing. I don't know enough about DB testing to help anyone understand it. I do know that some suppressors sound louder and test lower than others. I want the one that sounds quieter.

I will be watching for that podcast.

Originally Posted By: IcedteaTesting suppressors is a science if done properly and honestly. I have more than a dozen "cans" and can tell you without a doubt I can make them sound any way I want by simply using different components in the ammo. Someone said "you pays yo money and takes yo chances" This is very true with suppressors.

The only true test is using testing equipment and a jury of people that know what they are hearing. I don't know enough about DB testing to help anyone understand it. I do know that some suppressors sound louder and test lower than others. I want the one that sounds quieter.

I will be watching for that podcast.

True it's very hard to properly eval suppressors, especially if you've only owned or used a couple. I am hearing now even the standards of the B&K 2209 with 1/4" compression mic is not the proper equipment to test db's.

I sure hope I can present some good info on the podcast.

Back