What call should I buy?

durbindean

Had the opportunity to go predator hunting in Texas last week. Really enjoyed myself, it was a great time. Been looking at buying my own call, just wondering what call you all recommend from experience. I was looking at the ICOTEC OUTLAW+ PLUS PREDATOR CALL & DECOY COMBO WITH BLUETOOTH.

Welcome to the forum!!

To answer your question, I have a Foxpro CS24, Luckyduck Super Revolt and a Icotec Nightstalker. All have their pros and cons but I can tell you that 75% of the time I grab the Icotec from the truck. All will kill coyotes but the range and reliability of the Icotec blows the others away.

It's really a Chevy/Ford thing.
The caller you're looking at will work fine.

I too have a LD Super Revolt and a Foxpro Shockwave. My son has a LD Roughneck, Icotech Outlaw, and a FP Fusion. They all work.
The Super Revolt is my go to caller simply because I like it the best. As Kino says they all have their pros and cons.

If you plan on calling at night be sure and get a backlit remote.

Personally I wouldn't get a caller with an attached decoy. It is just one more thing to put your caller out of commission and eat battery time. Plus I find that you can be far more creative with a separate decoy. I wrote a piece on decoy use in "Equipment" section under "Tip of the Month" if you're interested.

I think starting out buy the least expensive programmable caller something on the order of a FP Patriot. Get a bunch of calling time under your belt and know what additional features you want in a caller. Stand selection, and stand management(wind, movement and approach) I feel are far more important than the caller.

Welcome aboard and good hunting

AWS, pretty much laid it out. Kelly Jackson used to say, "It's checkers, not chess."

Years ago, I've called them with a cassette player and JS tape. Some prefer simple hand calls, some use both.

Stand set-up, it probably the most important part, IMO.

Back