Baiting

I got another. #12 for the year.

2020 I got 19 for the year.
2021 I got 19 for the year.
2022 I got 17 for the year.
2023 I have 12 and it's only 3 months in. I may actually break 20 this year.

Now that we have a dedicated forum for baiting, I may just start a thread within this forum for the coyotes I get on my property...we'll see.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpwolverines, wanted to be sure you didn't miss my post on posting pictures from Flickr.

I saw it, thanks. So I still have the app on my phone, but it looks a lot different than when I last used it to post a pic here. I'll have to play with it more and get it figured out.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: coyote_thumper
Now that we have a dedicated forum for baiting, I may just start a thread within this forum for the coyotes I get on my property...we'll see.

That's what I did.

Nice job on the yotes.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpWolverines, welcome again. As to posting pictures from Flickr, here is what you need to do. Once you upload the picture to Flickr, you then click on the picture and in the lower right hand corner of the screen you will see several icons appear. You click on the one which looks like a curved arrow and is the share icon. When that screen comes up, click on the BB code option and copy what appears in the box below it. Then you just come to your post on PM and paste the code in your message. The picture will then appear when you post.

Sorry to bog this thread down with "How to post pics" stuff.

I did the above and posted my pics on the thread I started. It just posted the links, and not the pictures. When you click on the links, it shows several pics instead of the one I selected. I'll need to play with this more and hopefully figure out what I'm doing wrong before I try and post up more pics of my blind and what-not.

I'm not sure how it works from a phone if that's what you're using, but on a computer you select whichever picture you want to post and when you click on that pic, it will come up in the middle of the screen and then you will see those icons in the lower right corner. Just follow the previous instructions above.

I called in a big male last night and missed the easy shot at 150 yds., but thanks to the Banish 30 suppressor, he only ran about 40 yds. and stopped to look back. I recovered and made a DRT shot at 190 yds. Then after I got back home, I checked the bait pile and there was a coyote sneaking in. Made a DRT shot on this one at 222 yds. It turned out to be another male and a reddish-black color phase. Since I had one kill calling and one baiting, I posted it in both forums.

#40 by Double Up, on Flickr

#41 by Double Up, on Flickr

Last edited:
Yep, a good night for sure DU! I had a big goose egg last night
smile.gif

Last edited:
I wrapped it up Sat night, fox season had closed. Didn't want to shoot one thinking it was a coyote. Only problem coyote with NV so I can make a positive ID until next fall.

Originally Posted By: coyote_thumperI got another. #12 for the year.

2020 I got 19 for the year.
2021 I got 19 for the year.
2022 I got 17 for the year.
2023 I have 12 and it's only 3 months in. I may actually break 20 this year.

Not sure how I missed this one. Really cool video/lip squeak shot and I like the running annual tally.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpI'm not sure how it works from a phone if that's what you're using, but on a computer you select whichever picture you want to post and when you click on that pic, it will come up in the middle of the screen and then you will see those icons in the lower right corner. Just follow the previous instructions above.

FWIW- I text pictures to my email address to get them on the computer. Then it's easy to save like you would normally.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. It's bittersweet hearing you guys talk about wrapping up the season. I guess that gives you time to step back and make plans for the next season.

Coyotes are open year round in WA (for now). I take them out to protect our domestic animals, so I will continue to knock them down whenever I see them.

wf, I do the same thing and email them from my phone to my computer except for the pictures from the Bering Optics Phenom which I load directly to the computer. Here is a picture from it of another double we killed calling last night. I'll post the video in the Night Calling Forum when I get it put together.

#4243 by Double Up, on Flickr

Good job lately to everyone. Keep after ‘em Found out couple days ago my season is over for now. Routine checkup at doctor turned into spot of cancer in my lungs, and 2 tumors in my melon. Caught them early so hopefully good outcome.

Good luck on rest of your seasons

Back