Passing of long time member Redfrog

It’s with sadness that I come on here today to let you all know that Jim Renaud also known as Redfrog has passed away at the age of 79 last night.

Jim and I met years ago and our relationship was full of laughs and good adventures in the hunt for moose, bear, wolves or gopher shooting. His love for the outdoor pursuits was always on his mind.

RIP Jim.

Thankfully I had the pleasure of meeting and knowing the man known as Redfrog. Was able to hunt with him and albertacoyotecaller and a few other members in southern Alberta at the last organized Great White North hunt. You will be missed Jim. RIP. Till we meet again.

I am sorry to hear this. I first met Jim at the first PM hunt I went to in Globe. “Redfrog’s room” was where everyone sat around and shot the bull. I met my long time friend Venatic at the hunt and in Redfrog’s room.

We didn’t always see eye to eye, but sorry to hear of his passing.

So sad to hear this. I had the pleasure of meeting redfrog in passing multiple times at the grocery store of all places we would talk training labs and hunting coyotes in the parking lot. It was always a plan to meet for coffee to let the BS really flow.
Last time I talked to him he urged me not to stop visiting pred masters as he was sure good things were on the horizon. He always loved talking about the forum.
He will be missed.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: borkonSorry, he made thing miserable for me here for years.
I will not mourn.

It’s ok to not like a man. It’s ok to not mourn his death. To come in and be disrespectful on a post about his passing is not acceptable.

Jim was a friend. I know he rubbed some peoples feathers the wrong way. Be a better human.

Wow, what a great week. New guns, new friends, warm weather, The interest rate is up, as is the stock market and crypto. Life is good.

Back