Double the Fun

DoubleUp

I called in a big male last night and missed the easy shot at 150 yds., but thanks to the Banish 30 suppressor, he only ran about 40 yds. and stopped to look back. I recovered and made a DRT shot at 190 yds. Then after I got back home, I checked the bait pile and there was a coyote sneaking in. Made a DRT shot on this one at 222 yds. It turned out to be another male and a reddish-black color phase.

#40 by Double Up, on Flickr

#41 by Double Up, on Flickr

Good work, nice recovery on the first. I had a deal kind of like that the other night. Had one sneak down a fencerow and surprise me, then when I went to shoot I had the dreaded "click" of an empty chamber. Had to throw the bolt quick and try again. One of those deals it had been sitting too long and I was sure it was going to take off. Rushed my shot then. But I did get enough of it that it went down. Kind of ugly on my part but did get it done.

Man I really like the coloration of that male with the dark muzzle and legs, that would be one cool color phase to have tanned if it was prime back in early December.

Congrats on a successful night!

I don't always comment on your and others videos on here, I'm subscribed to everyones YouTube channel and give a thumbs up in support.

Not sure wht happen on the miss cause it looked like a good hold to me. Good recovery and another fine shot at the DRT diner.

It was so much "fun" that we did it again tonight. Will have to wait for my partner's video to post but here is a Phenom still of the pair (females) unbred.

#4243 by Double Up, on Flickr

Back