Thermion 2 XP50 Pro.. Understanding The Settings

TXCOONDOG

Tonight will be the first night out in the field with this device and I want to make sure I'm understanding the following features:

Sensitivity Modes:

Normal- For clear, cool and low humidity
High- Cold/Warm/Hot and/or High Humidity
Ultra- Cold/Warm/Hot, Snow, Fog, and/or Precipitation

Note: If this is the basic concept than common sense dictates to set it to what looks best that night.

What exactly does the smoothing filter do? To make the image look less grainy?

Any other tips, and/or info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Took it out last night in mist & rain and the Ultra made a huge difference cutting through the humidity and thin fog.

I was watching whitetail at 500 yds and played with the settings. Never could tell the difference with the smoothing feature though.

I have found with the xg 50 that other than using ultra clear when raining or foggy l can get the best view by adjusting the brightness and contrast.

Originally Posted By: jmeddyI have found with the xg 50 that other than using ultra clear when raining or foggy l can get the best view by adjusting the brightness and contrast.

I hunt in wooded areas, marsh, cutovers, pipelines, some fields, etc. and have to adjust the brightness and contrast for different areas. I ran a Trail XQ38 for years and the XP50 Pro really shines on the image separation and a better-defined detail on animals, landscape and limbs.

I don't care much for the reticle choices, but the reticle color choices are a plus for my eyesight as I like the contrast when using black & white hot.

Back