Range Finding Binos

fsadvar

I have a chance to draw a limited draw elk tag here in Co. and have been interested in some range finding binos. I use a leica hand held rangefinder and binos now but have been thinking it might be better for an all in one. I have been around (several years ago) a set of leicas but have heard they were kinda hit or miss on reliability. Cant really spend a ton of money but I do know you get what you pay for. Any way any comments by some of you who are using these might help me make a choice.
Thanks in advance
Frank

PS Look at that been around here since 2012 11 posts, I think I qualify as a super lurker
NW Colorado

Last edited:
I have owned the SIG 3000/ Sig 10K (2 pair of these sold one) Swarovski 10x42 TA’s/ Leica 8x32 Pro’s
There will be a new Leica Pro series out next month as well in the 10/8x 42’s to consider.
There is also the Sig6K’s which are more budget friendly.
Also there is the Vortex Fury which I have used but not owned.

Rangefinder wise nothing touches the Sig 10K for performance (I have ranged object out to 3.5 miles)BUT they have a bluish tinge when glassing which is there to help the heads up display pop better.
I have heard the Sig 6K does not have the tint and performs quite well also.
As far as top tier glass goes with an excellent RF that reaches out 2200 plus yards you have the Swarovski TA’s but the price is pretty steep.
Next in the glass department are the Leica Pro’s and they too are 2000-2200 yd capable with pretty quick RF readings and have the Applied Ballistics onboard like the SIg’s have.
I sold the Swarovski’s and kept the Leica for hunting and the Sig 10k for shooting competitions.
I might sell my 8x32 Pros once the 42mm model comes out but I must admit they are a pleasure to tote around.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DoubleUpGood to see your back Venatic. I've missed your informative posts.

thumbup1.gif

I've used the Swaro's, Leica's as well as the Vortex, and both 3K and 10K Sigs.

If you want good glass your options are limited to the Swaro's and Leica's.

Personally I like the Leica HDB's reticle better than the Swaro's But still believe when looking through both the Swaro's are a bit brighter.

The Sig Kilo 10K's hammer, but the blue tint takes a bit of getting used to, and if you want the best glass, it's not there.

I was going to upgrade my HDB's to the 3200.com, but I'm currently using the 10K's with AP on my Tactix 7 pro ballistics, and I'm not sure Garmin will or has for that matter allowed the pairing of Leica with AP.

I'm also wanting to try out the Leupold offering, I'm crossing my fingers it's got the glass quality of the Leica as well as the same LRF strength.

Originally Posted By: skinneyI'm also wanting to try out the Leupold offering, I'm crossing my fingers it's got the glass quality of the Leica as well as the same LRF strength.
Hopefully you don't have to worry about the tracking......ha ha.....

I have a bunch of the MK5HD's that have been flat out awesome for tracking, as well as amazing glass clarity.

I will test the experimental waters on their electronics warranty also. I know when my EL ranges went down it was going to take 5-6 months to fix at my expense. I'm assuming Leupold's will be just as good or better than that especially turn around time.

Another to throw at you would be the new Gunwerks or "Revic" BLR10b. IF you wait a month or so I'll have real time use with both the Leupold and Revic, both have been on order for a few months.

I bought the Vortex a couple months ago, & am more than pleased with them.

Forever warranty was the main selling point, and the glass is nothing to sneeze at.

I live 30 miles from them, and drove over and farted around for over an hour with the house set.

Came home with a new pair.....

I now have added the Revic BLR10 and the Vortex Fury 5000 AB to the list I posted above That I have tried.
Liked the Revics for their speed of ranging and the instantaneous data readout but just couldn’t see that the glass was any better than the Vortex.
The fact that the Vortex glass was just as good and ranging was equal I couldn’t justify paying 1200.00 more for the Revic just to get my drop data 1 or 2 seconds faster.
That and the fact Revic warranty is 3 years versus forever on the Vortex made the decision even easier to move the Revic’s on down the road.

Back