Call remote mount for tripod

For my tripods, I use a magnetic cell phone holder for bicycles.

Clamps around the leg, & comes with a 2.25"x 1.50" sheet magnet that sticks to the Foxpro remote.

KfZwANk.jpg

Originally Posted By: alf
For my tripods, I use a magnetic cell phone holder for bicycles.

Clamps around the leg, & comes with a 2.25"x 1.50" sheet magnet that sticks to the Foxpro remote.

KfZwANk.jpg

Same here

I'm going to have to give this a try. I have the FOXBANG activated on my remote and keep bumping it with my handheld thermal which triggers FOXBANG....this should eliminate that issue
smile.gif

What I've found that works best for me is a simple tripod shelf that velcro around the legs. It holds everything right at the ready, as well as hides the lights of the remote. I'm OCD about light discipline and when using the various brackets that mount to the leg the backlight is either illuminating me or a partner and easily seen by animals if they are close. Another thing I hated about them is snagging on things sliding the tripod in and out of the truck.

Kino, I bought one of those shelves first to use, then picked up the magnetic phone holders, and never gave the shelf a chance.

I was concerned with the light as well, but to help alleviate that, I changed the remote to shut down at 30 seconds. Fine until you need to change sounds or volume. I do try to point it up or off to the side too.

Would this work with the ICOtec outlaw remote also? I’ve been looking for a way to mount my remote to my tripod. I hate fighting between my remote and my thermal hand held all the time. I had to lol at the foxbang comment above. That’s happened to me so many times when I was still running a FoxPro.

Originally Posted By: R. I had to lol at the foxbang comment above. That’s happened to me so many times when I was still running a FoxPro.

Yep, Works great when unsuppressed but doesn't trigger most of the time when suppressed but like the idea of it as it produces doubles or if I miss, the coyote will stop again 80% of the time for a second shot. I leave it on and slap the remote to trigger it when hunting with my suppresser which is almost 100% of the time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: R. TokerWould this work with the ICOtec outlaw remote also? I’ve been looking for a way to mount my remote to my tripod. I hate fighting between my remote and my thermal hand held all the time. I had to lol at the foxbang comment above. That’s happened to me so many times when I was still running a FoxPro.

As long as you have a flat spot on the back to stick the magnet to. The one in this package is 2 1/4" X 1.50".

I had a Lucky Duck for a while this winter, and the remote stuck to the magnet on the tripod just from the batteries inside.

https://www.amazon.com/Bike-WizGear-Motorcycle-Phone-Holder/dp/B06XZTJ6KL

I am using the magnetic mount and have for several years, but beware that it is prone to break the magnetic part off. I had to do some home repair on mine, but it has held up well since then. I also put 2 layers of car window darkening material over the remote screen and set it to 5 sec. I think for the time on. I usually reach out with my hand and cover the screen until it goes off.

Thank you all for the info! I ordered a magnetic Apex 3D mount for my Outlaw and PT Deadeye. The included military discount was appreciated also.

I know this reply is a little late, but I sewed up a horizontal scabbord/pocket. I attached this to my chest pack and its back strap. My remote lays in it with no light shining outside of it.

Back