BEST LAID PLANS

SnowmanMo

Administrator
Staff member
Folks,

Things have been a bit busy here at Predator Masters, but that's no excuse.

So here we go, BEST LAID PLANS...

Great name for a fun stand so sit back and see what I did and think and share what you would have done.

Mo

Great video! I would have expected him to freeze up for the shot also but he was probably right about the point where he was going to catch your wind at any second. Always next time!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: desert daveGreat video! I would have expected him to freeze up for the shot also but he was probably right about the point where he was going to catch your wind at any second. Always next time!

Thanks. Just goes to show that you have to expect the unexpected.

Mo, was your thinking that he wouldn't run a little way and stop for another look, or as I've done too many times felt a little panicked and opened up on running shots?

Initially I thought it would stop when I howled and when it turned broadside I didn't think twice about trying for the shot...but I was on the scope and wasn't looking with both eyes and didn't see that it was loping not really running.

Thanks, I don't really do any daytime hunting so I didn't know if you thought it wouldn't stop. Usually at night they will run a short distance and stop for a look back especially if they are sort of bouncing stiff-legged as they run off.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpThanks, I don't really do any daytime hunting so I didn't know if you thought it wouldn't stop. Usually at night they will run a short distance and stop for a look back especially if they are sort of bouncing stiff-legged as they run off.

I have done the same thing. I learned years ago from Jay Nistetter's book/video, that they will usually look back. I've killed plenty of them that way.

Back