Baiting

Finally broke the DRY spell (2 yrs). The new house coyote kept coming till our schedules met at 2:45 this morning. He didn't like dining with the possum and decided to leave. The first time he stopped I didn't have the safety off and about broke the trigger trying to pull it. The next time he stopped was 221 yds and he said his goodbyes. .223 53gr VMAX

qmwpJcD.jpg

Pretty coyote, Week. Hope your trigger is OK. Lol. You helped me jump start my morning with a good laugh. I do believe my coffee tastes better too.

Gents, don't know if you noticed but we created a baiting forum. I know many of you have been asking for a long time.

While we had nothing to do with why it wasn't done in the past your current bods and mods have a say now.

Enjoy, and continue those great posts.

Mo

Thank you Mo and BOD/MOD's for doing this.

Week, congrats and so glad it is paying off for you. Nice shot with the 223 and 53's.

Awesome deal Mo and MODS. Was wondering what the hiccups were this morning...must have been switching over. Thanks, should work out good.

Originally Posted By: SnowmanMoGents, don't know if you noticed but we created a baiting forum. I know many of you have been asking for a long time.

While we had nothing to do with why it wasn't done in the past your current bods and mods have a say now.

Enjoy, and continue those great posts.

Mo

Most excellent.....'bout time.

We appreciate the new forum for this type of hunting. We really enjoy sharing our experiences successful or not, techniques and the trials and tribulations that go along with what we do.

Thanks, Mo. This thread has been going strong for several years now. Lots of good guys here with valuable information and experiences. Most of us here are regulars and have developed a bond over the years.

Thank you SnowmanMo - good call. Congrats Week and BP!

Thanks on the congrats for the black coyote. It was about 70 yards when hammered. We did the 3, 2, 1 countdown and my BIL shot slightly before me hence the catching of his bullet's splash on the video. We called a friend who's making a pelt out of it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Burnsome...Thank you SnowmanMo - good call. Congrats Week and BP!

Thanks on the congrats for the black coyote. It was about 70 yards when hammered. We did the 3, 2, 1 countdown and my BIL shot slightly before me hence the catching of his bullet's splash on the video. We called a friend who's making a pelt out of it.

My pleasure...you guys are contributing some good content. Keep it up...PM will keep getting better.

Mo

That’s a good one, Bait.

The coyote returned to my site the last two nights, and I wasn’t there. Now I think I am coming down with something, feels like flu, so my season is over. I end it in March. Ended up with only 5 this season, but I had a great time trying.

Glad to see a designated Baiting Forum. I guess I missed the original thread, wherever it was buried, so I've been posting my bait kills on the Night Hunting page.

Anyway, I love all types of coyote hunting. I run with a group of houndsmen, call at night as much as I can, and run a bait site on my own property. I think I've been baiting coyotes for close to 10 years now. I don't consider my area in MI to be overly dense with coyotes, but definitely enough. Running a bait site just seemed to be the most productive way to get coyotes into range, and it's something that I've really enjoyed doing over the years. I hope to be able to contribute some of what I've learned over the years to the page, and definitely expect to learn a few things from you all.

Welcome aboard the thread wolverines, glad you found us. Lots of baiting adventures here, don't be shy, and we like pics and video!!

Congrats to BP on another "good one".

My good luck has continued. This morning the alarm woke me up at the new camp 12:45am with another op. He was very kiddish and would sneak in grab a piece of dogfood and bolt back out. I had scattered the dogfood pretty good and had some that he could get to while still in the brush a bit. He finally come out all the way and gave me a broadside shot. This is #7 at the new camp and they have all been males. Fur on this one was trash with some mange, rubbed heavy and lots of ticks. 32.6# .223 53gr VMAX 100 yds. Video to follow later today.

Z1d5Xx7.jpg

Back