Chest Packs

baitpile

Would like some opinions, real world experience with them, and some brands you folks like. Honestly, not even sure I would want to run one, but I need to carry stuff. Flashlight, scanner, remote, hand calls, and have access/stowing ability while on stand. When walking to and from stands, I sling my rifle with the sling across my chest. Would the pack ride low enough to not interfere? In doing research, I have found nothing that looks like it would work...either bino packs or tacticool AR mag pouches. Just need something with 3 or 4 gear pouches I guess. Appreciate the insight!

Hill people gear makes many different models, American made, great quality. Eberlestock is another option.

I wear one every time I hunt and hike.

Cross chest gun carry will not work IMO. I have an Alps bino (the larger one) that handles my R25 hogster and remote nicely. A flashlight would also fit if it is not very big. My hand calls are on a lanyard which I also have my scanner attached to so I can just "drop it" when I see a critter. I attached a glass case to the top of the closure for my single lensed glasses (so I can see the remote and still have normal vision to scan and shoot).

Last edited:
Goodcang seller on EBay has a lot of pack options. I purchased a waist 2 compartment phone case to use as an ammo/mag bag for my daypack.

Hill people looks nice. Pricey, but probably worth it.
That's a lot of pack there snowman! Bet it works though.
Thanks so far...

I wear an Alaskan Guide pack, it works for hunting other stuff too. Plenty of room for your PBJ sandwiches and a couple cervezas.
smile.gif

nDjsNwIm.jpg

1VSP1BGl.jpg

I have been using Hill People Gear Kit Bags and some of their other various gear for many years now. It's topnotch hard use gear.

I like AGC.

I've always liked expensive glass, and as soon as I was out of College I was looking for a bino pack. I linked up with Jarret Owens of Alaska Guide Creations and actually helped him with some design work.

At the time Kryptek was just coming out and Multicam was working on making the Tropic, Arid, and Black patterns. So we had some Highlander and some Multicam Original and Arid done. They did awesome, and it's one of the most common questions throughout the year as to what the chest packs are we run.

I'm currently in the process of having my own done with Cole-Tac out of the Black Hills! Hopefully I can get it done by this fall and get them on the market.

Thanks guys. It looks like Alaska Guide and Hill people are the top two right now. Both look like very good gear and definitely have the field time. I appreciate all the responses!

bait

I like and use Alaskan Guide Creations. FHF gear makes some nice pouches and I use them in conjunction with my AGC bino pouch. They (FHF) also make a chest pouch/bino pouch, but I’ve never used their version. I think either would be worth considering.

Adam and I have nearly identical rigs. I like the Alaska Guide Creations bino pack (I think mine's a Cub, or maybe the KISS, but anyway) coupled with FHF side pouches for the rangefinder, GPS, and/or TX1000. I carry the bino, rangefinder, GPS, hand calls, wind indicator, spare batteries, a lighter, diaphragm calls, my perpetually unused lion tag, and so on. I recently added the AGC Razco holster so I can carry my XDs under the bino pack. All good stuff. I wear it on every hunt.

Lots of great suggestions and awesome input. I appreciate all the help. I pulled the trigger on an Alaska Guide Kodiac Cub Max.
I was out calling again tonight and had lanyards wrapped around my neck and each other. I have my scanner on one and my remote and hand calls on another, by the end of the night, I was in a knot. Can't wait to give one of these chest rigs a try. Thanks again for the great input!!

bait

Let us know how your chest rig works out.

This is a great example of our predator hunting community can come together.

I want to thank all of you for contributing.

Mo

Back