Where did old HOM stories go?

JTPinTX

Custom Call Maker
So I remember when the forum quit doing the Hunter of the Month stories/program, but the old past stories were still up for a long time after that. Seems like I even saw them still up not long ago. Today I went to go look for them and read some of them again. Much to my surprise I could not find them.

What happened to them, where did they go? I'm hoping the answer is just that I am not looking the right place and someone can direct me to them. It will be sad if they are gone forever, but, I can also understand if we were just out of room/memory space on the old server. If that is the case I hope they were saved somewhere and could be worked back in after the migration to the new servers.

Good question!

We (the BoD) are working on getting HOM fired up again. We've been looking for them too. And haven't found them yet.

I can't imagine they got deleted or anything like that. They have to still be here somewhere. So, if anyone stumbled across them, post up!

- DAA

Originally Posted By: AdamTTroy,

I get access denied when I follow the link you posted.

Whoops, for some reason that's buried in the Moderator forum. I pulled all the links out and hopefully this works:

***Previous Winners***

September's winner was bushpilotmexico for his story of first two yotes of the season. Congrats to him and thanks to the guys that donated!

October's winner was SnakeFarm250 for the ultimate predator hunters prize. Check out the winner and the "best of the rest" here... \

November's vote and winner can be found here, the winner was Ursus for his story God must love little girls!

December's vote and winner can be found here , congrats to Knapper for his story A rare opportunity...

The 2009 Hunter of the Year Award can be found here. Taking home top honors this year was Ursus21 for his story God must love little Girls!

January's vote and winner can be found here , congrats to Mr. Granger for his great story Where's Bubba? Final Chapter .

February's HOM vote can be found here, congrats to Switch and Alyssa for their story Alyssa is at it again...she called in a Valentine's day fox!!!

The March HOM vote and winners can be found here... Mr. Granger pulled out another win with yet another very well documented story. mikegranger – Bubba and Dash’s last hunt of the 2009-2010 season

April's vote and winners can be found here. Congrats to mtcurman for his story Big coon hunt!!!.

May's HOM stories and votes can be found here. Congrats to SDHowler on his win for his story Using A Wheelchair Blind For Calling Success.

The June HOM stories and vote can be found here. Congrats to Todd & Kolby Woodall for hsi story The Stay Puff Bobcat.

The July HOM stories and vote can be found here. Congrats to rabiddog for his story My son made me go...

The stories and vote for the August HOM are here. Our winner for the month of August was screech for his story My Arizona hunt with Jeff Mock.

September's HOM stories and vote can be found here. Congrats to getemclose for yet another great story A cold snap.. A first.. And seven dead coyotes!

October's HOM stories and vote can be found here. Our winner this month was joshnaz for his story 4 & 5 year old go fox hunting

November's HOM stories and vote can be found here. Congrats to mtcurman for his story about My First Coyote

December's HOM stories and vote can be found here. Our winner for December was tt35 for his story Ben's First 'Cat...then another...and another...and.... PART 1

The 2010 Hunter of the Year award can be viewed here. Congrats to Switch for his story Alyssa is at it again...she called in a Valentine's day fox!!!

January's HOM stories and vote can be found here. Congrats to Sean Fulton for his story Called in a beautiful Cougar taken with my bow .

February's HOM stories and vote can be found here. Congrats to Switch for his story Another Valentine's Day fox for Alyssa

The stories and vote for March HOM can be found here. We had a tie this month and the tie-breaker can be found here. Congrats to Ursus21 for his story Spring Fling... sort'a

April's HOM stories and votes can be found here. Congrats to yfzdunner450 for his story Trip to Oregon.

The stories and vote for May's HOM are found here. Our winner this month was FullCryHounds for his story Alaska Bear Camp 2011

June HOM stories and vote can be found Here Congrats to Ursus21 for his story Coyotes+

July HOM stories and vote can be found Here Congrats to Jesse Lacky for his story 4th of July fun

August HOM stories and vote Here Congrats to Silverfox on his story One more ND PD hunt

September HOM stories and vote Here Congrats to Jerry Malbeck on his story Jareds first season behind the trigger

October HOM stories and vote HereCongrats to JCS271 on his story My wolf, it has all been worth it

November HOM stories and vote Here Congrats to Switch on his story Alyssa is back at it

December HOM stories and vote Here Congrats to Silverfox on his story ND Coyote Hunt on 12-9-2011

The 2011 Hunter of the year vote and stories can be seen HERE Congrats to JCS271 on his story- My wolf, it has all been worth it!

January HOM vote and stories can be found Here Congratulations to Bennett for his story Idaho Wolf Down

February HOM vote and stories can be found Here Congratulations to 300magman for his story Finally I get to say it...WOLF DOWN!!!!!

March HOM vote and stories can be found Here Congratulations to Getemclose for his story Tough day of calling, Better than any day at work

April HOM vote and stories can be found HERE We had a tie this month. The vote on the tie can be found HERE Congratulations to Kizmo for his story Double beard and dog

May HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to 5psd for his story Coyote Countdown

June HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to SHampton for his story My 3 morning 26 Coyote Hunt with Tony T .

The July HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to Ursus21 for his story Friday the 13th

The August HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to Ursus21 for his story Hunting, Family and Success!

The September HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to WilyDawg for his story Amazing start to the new season!!!

The October HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to Switch for his story Allyssa's First Coyote

The November HOM vote and stories can be found Here Congratulations to AZSpike for his story ******** #186 lbs ********

The December HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to ADK3210 for his story Yep I did it. I shot my Foxpro!

The 2012 Hunter Of The Year vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to Switch for his story Alyssa's first coyote!

The January HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to NM Highplains on his story Son got 1st real coyote today!

The February HOM vote and stories can be found HERE we had a tie and the tie breaker vote can be found HERE Congrats to Derbyacresbob on his story I had two good Valentines day coyote calling stands!

The March HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to Kizmo on his story 2 out of 3 ain't bad, except when #3 was SOLID BLACK!!!

The April HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to Magurohunter on his story 9 dogs down, 21 called in

The May HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to Greensand Hunter on his story Snow Day Fox

The June HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to The Impactzone on his story Deidera Pulls a Double On Me

The July HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to Jglynn on his story 17 stands 22 coyotes(a few videos) great weekend!!

The August HOM vote and stories can be found HERE. Congrats to Geenhead93 on his story My first coyote

The September HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congrats to Weekender on his story Who got the best deal!

The October HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congrats to HPW on his story Always a Coyote Hunter

The November HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congrats to Overwatcher on his story The Whining Coyote:Wolf Hunt

The December HOM vote and stories can be found HERE We had a tie, the tie breaker vote can be found HERE Congratulations to Hawk-eye on his story My Bobcat Wait Is Over For 2013

The 2013 Hunter Of The Year vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to Jglynn on his story 17 stands 22 coyotes(a few videos) great weekend!! by Jglynn We also had a tie for third place. The tie breaker vote can be found HERE

The January HOM vote and stories can be found HERE congrats to Switch on his story My youngest daughter's first coyote!

The February HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congrats to Overwatcher on his story The story of the "Ghost Dog" : Wolf Hunt

The March HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congrats to Tx Cornhusker on his story The Wife's First

The April HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congrats to JTPinTX on his story Girls, Guns, and Good Times!

The May HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congrats to Chupathingy on his story This weekend at the 3BH

The June HOM vote and stories can be found HRE We had a tie so a tie breaker vote was done. The results can be found HERE . Congrats to Infidel 762 on his story ~Weary coyotes in heat and a swimmer~

The July HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congrats to Ihateyotes on his story Supermoon +1

The August HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congrats to E5B on his story West Texas / SE Arizona trip

The September HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Contrats to JCS271 on his story Wolf Down with my LONGBOW!

The October HOM vote and stories and be found HERE Congrats to Tjones on his story Montana Wolf

The November HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to Infidel 762 on his story This girl holding a 21 point buck... She is my daughter…

The December HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congrats to 12Ring on his story Bobcat down on my sons first hunt

The 2014 Hunter Of The Year vote and stories can be found Here Congrats to JCS271 on his story Wolf Down with my LONGBOW!

The January HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congrats to Infidel 762 on his story DARKSIDE OF THE MOON

The February HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congrats to Huntinaz on his story AZ Lion Down!

The March HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congrats to RockinU on his story Pretty good night

The April HOM vote and stories can be found HERE congrats to Monnshine44 on his story Got one this morning, and this time I've got pictures!

The May Hunter of the Month and stories can be read HERE. Congratulations to Infidel 762, whose post ~Wh0 iz Laughing N0w~ was selected as the winner in May.

The June Hunter of the Month stories can be found HERE. Congratulations to batman1262 for his winning post titled "First Double!!!".

The July Hunter of the Month stories area available here. Congratulations to Wile E Coyotie, who won with his story 47 inch Dragon.

To read August's Hunter of the Month stories, just click here. Switch was selected in August for posting Limits for my girls. Congratulations!

There were plenty of good stories in September - read those that were nominated here. crapshoot's inspiring tale Mentoring got the nod from readers in September. Congrats.

October 2015 was another busy month, with a bunch of good stories nominated for Hunter of the Month. The well deserved win went to jcs271 for his tale of Wilderness Wolf Hunting.

Stories nominated for Hunter of the Month in November can be read here. Congratulations to DAA for his winning saga Getting out amongst 'em.

And to round out 2015, jcs271 pulled an encore by adding a mountain lion to the wolf he killed earlier in the year. He shared that story here. Stories from the other deserving nominees can be perused at this link.

The 12 Hunter of the Month winners were presented to you fine readers RIGHT HERE. It was a close contest, but DAA was chosen as the 2015 Hunter of the Year with his epic tale Getting out amongst 'em.

Members' stories nominated for Hunter of the Month in January 2016 can be read HERE. The winning story was A few trips out west with my daughter! by Switch.

Eight stories were nominated in February 2016. HERE they are. Of those eight, readers selected ~.:Thre3 "C"s:.~ by Infidel 762.

Infidel 762 took back to back prizes with his story ~Day Light SAvings~ in March 2016. The other great stories nominated in March are available for your reading pleasure HERE.

In MARCH 2016 we had a pretty tight contest between two great tales of hunting prowess. Mr 5sp clinched it with 5 less as of today....

MAY 2016 was a good month to get family members out in the field. Airedale56's inspiring tale of Grandson's first coyote was the clear winner.

jjess knocked out the JUNE 2016 competition with his Spring Bear story.

In JULY 2016 the voting was as hot as the weather! This time, 5sp squeaked out a 1-vote win over three very solid contenders with Fast times at a ranch.

dustinyotes Got a coyote with his wife and kids to claim the August 2016 Hunter of the Month title. The other great stories can be read here.

Teach a man to hunt and feed him for life... by crapshoot was selected from these September stories.

In October we had a tie between Calling with my son by Dropadoglv and my first six pack and a box of beef by sondog.

jcs271's story about his Wolf at 12 yards! was selected in November.

In December, DoubleCK's lion story Finally was the clear winner.

Take a look here for January's stories. derbyacresbob ran out of ammo on his craziest stand ever.

In February Yotes2Call took the honors by telling us of his Wyoming 2016 Fall Black Bear.

JTPinTX told a great story about his Sunday morning triple to win Hunter of the Month in March.

In April we had another tie between hm1996 and Wile E. Coyotie. Check out The Siren Song and TeNder CluB FoOt for some good predator hunting action.

Varmint vagabonds for a couple days by DAA was voted as HOM by PM members in May.

To read the June stories, click HERE. dustinyotes was chosen as the winner after telling us of his son's first coyote.

July and August were combined, and Jim Byers's 2017/2018 season kick start made him the Hunter of the Month.

DAA took home the prize again in September with Big Beautiful Face Full of Tungsten.

Go here to read the great October HOM-nominated stories. JTPinTX's well-told story of his Epic day with his daughter won him the honors.

Click right here to read the posts nominated for Hunter of the Month in November. pRoDiEuS's First Wolf and DAA's Birthday Trip tied.

A lot more good stories were told in December. H82Miss took us along while his daughter got her first deer! Great times.

We got to see some cats in January. The "almost" mountain lion double clinched it for Lazerus.

In February, derbyacresbob won it with his inspiring tale of sharing our great sport with an aspiring young huntress.

March stories can be reviewed here. Relative newcomer Dirt Medic wowed us with his trademark Chronicles of a Novice for the win.

Take a look back at the stories nominated in April right here. weekender was voted Hunter of the Month when he fessed up about his wife's better turkey calling.

In May, we had quite a variety of tales to enjoy. Infidel 762 got the most votes when he BR0KE A HUNDRED.

June and July were combined, and flybum won the honors with his kids first coyote hunt.

Guys, we're glad you're interested in the HOM. We're working behind the scenes to bring this back around. I hope to have something cooking in time for an April Hunter of the Month! Stay tuned.

Man, really glad to see that even through they are hard to find the old stories are still out there and maybe can be migrated to the new site eventually. Thank you very much for the effort from everyone looking these back up and finding them.

I do know things are in the works to get HOM back going again. I am in full support of that and plan to donate some of my calls to that effort as prizes. I am really looking forward to it, and seeing the stories again.

Thanks again to everyone for pitching in.

Yeah I agree Jeremy. Like you, I had a few HOMs back in the day. But I used photobucket for the pics and they are all gone now with broken links.

Sure glad these are posted back up. Sit down to read a few last night and when I looked up at the clock it had been 2 hours already.

Back