2 Nights Hunting over a Dead Cow

TPC

This last December a rancher I know had a cancer cow that he put down for me. He hauled it out to a flat and I set up about 142 yards away. First night I sat for 8 hours, it was 18 degrees and I got 6 dogs, second night it was 20 degrees and I sat for 9 hours and got 6 more. Both nights I saw lots of coyotes, which helped keep me warm… Hope you enjoy the video, thx for watching

Last edited:
Just curious why you crop the yardage out of the video?

Also, wondering which caliber and bullet your using?

Thanks

Last edited:
I crop it out so it fills the whole screen when you view it, no black lines. Those 2 nights they’re was a lot of humidity and the video quality was not very good.

As for the caliber I shoot. I’m running a AR15 .223 18” heavy SS barrel 1:8, SRT Arms Hurricane TI. I’ve been reloading 60 grain VMaxs. These 2 nights my shooting was less than par. If you’ve watched the last 3 videos I’ve posted on here, I normally drop um pretty consistently. I was trying new loads a lot last season. When I was dialed in I was using 60 grain VMaxs with 26.6grains of BLC(2) and BR-4 primers.

Originally Posted By: SVBenjoyed your hunt and video--------Thanks for sharing

Thank you sir, you’ll be seeing a lot more in the future

I have got to tell you that I usually hate watching these because POI is usually off…..yours was not. Looked like you were putting the bullets right where they belong. I don’t think the vmax did their job as well as the noslers do but you seemed to be holding right in that sweet spot

Originally Posted By: reaper4I have got to tell you that I usually hate watching these because POI is usually off…..yours was not. Looked like you were putting the bullets right where they belong. I don’t think the vmax did their job as well as the noslers do but you seemed to be holding right in that sweet spot

What grain noslers? What powder do you like with them?

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Good video. We would like to have you join us in the baiting forum.

Ok, thank you, I’ll comeover and take a look

Did you pick up the dead ones between shots? Wondering if having many dead coyotes would alter the behavior around the bait site.

Nice shooting!

Originally Posted By: SoftpointDid you pick up the dead ones between shots? Wondering if having many dead coyotes would alter the behavior around the bait site.

Nice shooting!

Thank you, No, I waited until I was close to being done for the night. The coyot I shot at 288 died in some long grass and about an hour after I shot it another a coyot came down the hill and started eating it. I couldn’t get a good shot off and it got away.
I have seen them smell me at 400 yards and turn around and run. but I’ve had um straight down wind at 20 yards and nothing. Not all coyots have a great nose or have great hearing. Just like people have allergies or start loosing there hearing as they get older.

Originally Posted By: TPC
I have seen them smell me at 400 yards and turn around and run. but I’ve had um straight down wind at 20 yards and nothing. Not all coyots have a great nose or have great hearing.

Or the thermals took your sent above or away from the coyote.......

Great video!

Quote:What grain noslers? What powder do you like with them?

55 gr. NBT great on coyotes and w/proper placement hogs when that was what was in the magazine at the time. Super accurate w/H335 in Bushmaster Predator (1:8" twist).
34931632143_b21b6d2e57_o.jpg

Over suggested max. load but no pressure signs in my rifle.

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: hm1996Great video!

Quote:What grain noslers? What powder do you like with them?

55 gr. NBT great on coyotes and w/proper placement hogs when that was what was in the magazine at the time. Super accurate w/H335 in Bushmaster Predator (1:8" twist).
34931632143_b21b6d2e57_o.jpg

Over suggested max. load but no pressure signs in my rifle.

Regards,
hm

Thx, you chronograph it? I just got a pound of H335, can’t wait to try it out! I’m always looking for the perfect load. Btw, I’m TPC, I got unbanned and got my original name back.

Quote:Thx, you chronograph it? I just got a pound of H335, can’t wait to try it out! I’m always looking for the perfect load. Btw, I’m TPC, I got unbanned and got my original name back.

Yes sir, I got 3130 fps @ about 15' from muzzle. Nosler shows 3140 for 25 gr (max in their book).

BTW enjoyed the video & welcome back, Brad.

Regards,
hm

Back