FP Patriot Update

AWS

Retired PM Staff
I asked about it in another post and ended up ordering one. My old Minaska M-1 Bandits are getting long in the tooth and one died this year so I started looking for a replacement that is compact, easy to operate and economical. I think this unit is going to touch all the bases.

While not having all the bells and whistle of the more expensive units it looks like it will do everything I ask of it and then some. Ordering it from Allpredatorcalls.com it could be custom loaded with the sounds I like, I'm heavy on prey sounds so custom programing is a plus for me. It can be ordered with 35 custom sounds or a stock sound list plus it comes with a large list of FP free sounds. I like the single speaker so I can direct the sounds. It does have an external speaker jack plus an auxiliary jack.

It runs on only four AA batteries to keep the weight down and I do like running one time bats as I'm out in remote camps a lot and currant bushes are the wrong voltage for recharging. I do have rechargeable AA's when I'm running out of the house and just found a 8 battery charger that will plug into the USB port on my hunting trucks solar panel. But I still have the option to just change out a few alkaline in an emergency, I'm not tied to a 110v outlet.

Volume might not be as loud as my CS-24 or WT but from running it in the house it will be more than enough for the country I hunt.

Remote distance, isn't a deal for me as I usually put a caller out just far enough to take the preds eyes off of me.

So for the MSR of $149.00 this seems to be quite a value. It does go on sale at times.

I will update this when I get it in the field, I would have waited but we have a series of storms rolling i with high winds and I have a job that will keep me out of the field till mid march. If the winds are milder int morning I'll try and get a couple stands in. Wind is suppose to exceed 55mph today and was the same yesterday but I did get a new scope sighted in and checked another rifle with a different bullet yesterday before the wind kicked in.

Last edited:
Well I got out today, hoping to have a pic of the Patriot with some fur BUT. I called in two singles under 50 yards and missed one, then called in a double again under 50 yards and missed again.

You'll have to wait for next season to see fur with the Patriot as all of the coyotes called today looked like their palts weren't worth skinning.

I like the call, great.sound, compact and easy to set out. The remote still sucks, I have to wear my glasses to use it and you have to scroll for sounds and other than that preset buttons even the favorites need scrolling, I hate having to look away from the stand to change a.sound. The first single came in at 6 min, the second around 20 min after à.sound change at 15 min and th double at 5 min and they se4e booking in.

I hunt mostly with my icotec Gen 2 300. The biggest reason is the controller is stupid simple. It has 12 sounds but you can play 2 at a time.

Lots of different sounds with the different combos.

I hate the controller on my Foxpro Wildfire 2 but will pull it out for calling an area for the second time in a month.

AWS,

Is the TX433 a better remote than the TX1000? Better range?

I have been looking at the X24, but if the Patriot is loud enough and the remote is better than I might try it.

Sorry, I have no idea. I've never owned a Tx-1000 remote. The only FP remote I actually like is the TX-500/505. I don't care to scroll for sounds. I bought the Patriot because it was small and light and I could order the sounds I wanted, so I'll live with it's remote. I much prefer a remote with a numeric keypads so I can just punch in the sound I want. Minaska, FP CS-24 w/tx-500 and WT, they All have numeric keypad and 10 presets at just the touch of a button.

Back