First time out since New Years, pair comes in nice

204 AR

This stand took almost an hour, I started at first dark and wanted to give it a good go. I was just ready to pull the plug, when this pair sounded off about a half mile out. As coyotes do, they found a cut to get down wind out of sight and I almost lost them completely, luckily the female stopped and gave me a shot. Looks pretty shaky but the vmax found it's mark.

Gotta appreciate those long disappearing critter sets. I get lots od satisfaction from them over the 3 minuters. I have been wondering where you have been. Good health l hope.

Great job man! I was wondering what you had been doing, we was about to request a proof of life from someone out there, glad your back in the game!

Thanks guys, yeah it's been awhile, and I'm probably hanging it up until fall now, save for the odd set or two here and there if someone has a calving issue. Honestly it's been so cold, snowy and windy all winter, and seeing as I work in it, I just didn't feel like playing in it too lol.

This was a place I hadn't hunted in 2 years and I was hoping for a bit better action. I did 3 sets in daylight, with a pair coming in within a minute on the first set, dumped the female out of that pair, called the male back in and whiffed somehow at 250. Then I made 3 more night sets but the ranch dog wanted to follow me and/or bark his head off so I called it a night lol.

Thanks for posting that video. Nice shooting and patience there, and I can understand your reluctance to hunt in that kind of weather.

Originally Posted By: jmeddySurely you can post another rat/mouse hunt. Still giggle on occasion when I think of that one.
Me too.....
grin.gif

I'm seriously thinking on buying another 22 that's threaded so I can move the Super Hogster to it and screw the suppressor on just for summer mouse hunts.

Originally Posted By: jmeddySurely you can post another rat/mouse hunt. Still giggle on occasion when I think of that one.

Thanks guys! Yeah, I've been smoking quite a few mice, but none with the SH so I can't record. I even have an ar 410 now I've been putting the Hogster 25 on, it does a pretty good job killing them lol.

On a related note, I scan with the R25, and have 4 profiles saved to it to clamp it on various rifles/shotguns. I clamped it to my downloaded mouse 223 the other day and with no zero check, whacked 2 mice at about 30 yds so I'm impressed with the return to zero.

Back