Foxpro Patriot, what sounds, how many?

mr fixit

Im confused on descriptions I've seen. I'm looking at buying an electronic call, my last call was cassette tapes with wired speaker. My son had an ICO Tec with about 12 sounds but he moved and now I"m faced with getting my own.
I'm looking at a low cost option like the Fox Pro Patriot. But I'm confused on the sounds. I see it says 35 sounds, but also read about custom programming and access to 300 sounds. I also see there are some free sounds.
How many sounds will the Patriot hold, and how do I get them?

Capacity total of 300 sounds.

Comes with 35.

Foxpro has free sounds you can add to it.

If you order from all predator calls, you get to pick the 35 sounds it comes with.

Mine came with 35 premium sounds programed to what I want and 100 free FP sounds

This is from the Allpredatorcalls site.

INCLUDES FREE CUSTOM SOUND PROGRAMMING OF 35 SOUNDS OF YOUR CHOICE!

INCLUDES THE FOXPRO "FREE SOUND" PACK! - CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

The FOXPRO Patriot is the perfect option for the up-and-coming predator hunter. It comes standard with 35 high-quality FOXPRO sounds, an additional 100 free sounds, and has the ability to hold up to 300 sounds. The Patriot offers maximum portability with its lightweight, rugged ABS housing. The unit comes with a single high-efficiency horn speaker that delivers a crystal-clear, high-quality sound with great volume. You can connect an external speaker to the jack on the side of the call for even more volume. The Patriot also has an auxiliary jack for use with an approved device such as the FoxJack 5 decoy. The FOXPRO Patriot features an enhanced remote with an elastomeric keypad for effortless use, even with gloves. It also has category files for easy navigation through sounds. The remote has a power on/off switch, volume up/down buttons. Scroll up/down, a mute, and much more.

The Patriot is backed by a 3 year limited warranty, FOXPRO's unmatched customer support, and is proudly made in the USA!

FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS
Comes with 35 sounds, and 100 FREE sounds (can hold and access up to 300 sounds)
High-efficiency horn speaker
External speaker jack
Auxiliary jack
Operates on 4 AA batteries
USB port to reprogram sounds
SOUND PROGRAMMING

If you select "Standard Factory Programming" The PATRIOT will come programmed with 35 standard factory sound list - See Standard Sound List HERE

If you select "Custom Programming" when adding to the shopping cart, then the PATRIOT comes with 35 calls of your choice.

Last edited:
If you get the custom 35 sounds from Foxpro or Allpredator calls .com make sure you get "Vole Squeaks" and "Adult Rat Distress". Both of these sounds work great on Coyotes, Fox and Bobcats.

Thank you all! I was confused on the capacity versus what it came with. So I could load it with 300 sounds if I wanted, yes? But they all have to be FOX PRO sounds, no downloads or from other sources, right?

Originally Posted By: mr fixitThank you all! I was confused on the capacity versus what it came with. So I could load it with 300 sounds if I wanted, yes? But they all have to be FOX PRO sounds, no downloads or from other sources, right?

Here are the specs right from FoxPro's website about the Patriot:

Patriot Digital Game Call
Dimensions 7.5" x 3.75" x 5"
Weight 3.00 lbs.
Speakers (1) Horn Speaker
Manual Operation No
Play Modes Repeat, Single, Jukebox
Charge Jack No
External Speaker Jack(s) (1) 3.5mm
Auxiliary Device Jack (1) 3.5mm
User Reprogrammable Yes
USB Port mini-USB
Sound Capacity 300 (comes with 35, plus over 100
additional sounds from FOXPRO's Free
Sound Library)
Internal Memory 4GB
File Compatability 16B, FXP, MP3, WAV
Power 4 AA Batteries
Run Time 3-7 hours1
Warranty 3 years, limited2
Released August 2017

Originally Posted By: mr fixitThank you all! I was confused on the capacity versus what it came with. So I could load it with 300 sounds if I wanted, yes? But they all have to be FOX PRO sounds, no downloads or from other sources, right?

And 300 is a LOT...I probably don't use more than 25 or so in any given season. And that's usually only when I hit a dry spell.

Originally Posted By: Terry LightleThink you can put Tebbe sounds on it,check with him

you can. i have TT sounds on both my foxpro and Icotec

I have four callers from four different companies and between them I have 400+ sounds and don't think I've use more than five on each caller and the factory sounds have been great for all over the wests public lands.

Yep, my Icotec 300 has 12 sounds and can play 2 at a time. I bought it for a trapping experiment but now it's my goto caller. Simple stupid..

Originally Posted By: SoftpointYep, my Icotec 300 has 12 sounds and can play 2 at a time. I bought it for a trapping experiment but now it's my goto caller. Simple stupid..

Don’t you ever find yourself wanting more sounds? I have the Icotec 300 and want more but can’t decide on which. I’m wanting a Foxpro X24, but I’m concerned with the remote reviews. Is the Patriot remote (TX433) better? It’s also a much bigger pill to swallow from Patriot price to X24 price.

Back