Baiting

Great shot Doubleup! At 250, I'm surprised you can hold right on them. What are you shooting and what is your sight in range?

Sounds like an eventful night Spot. Looking forward to the video dump. Will subscribe when you get your video account set up!

wf, I am shooting an AR regular 223 (Wylde chamber) 8 twist with 16" barrel and Banish 30 suppressor, using a Bering Optics Super Yoter thermal. Load is 50 V-max at 3,200 fps over X-terminator/A2230 (same powder). Sight-in is half inch high at 100 yds.

I added a test photo to my last post, really not sure if I want to do this often. And that was an old photo already on the laptop. My phone to laptop, whole different set of skills. triple play

Last edited:
spot, when I post a picture in imgur, I use the bb code and the picture appears in the post. Your pics are showing up as a link. I can click on the link and get to the pic, but many folks won't do that because the link could lead you to somewhere you don't want to be.

rICvc7L.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, I didn't know anything about codes, so I didn't change it. Sounds like the photo loading may change soon again. Will try with a code change on the next photo. Default is UBBCODE, where is BB option?
I did check the "link" on each.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: spotstalkshootOk, I didn't know anything about codes, so I didn't change it. Sounds like the photo loading may change soon again. Will try with a code change on the next photo. Default is UBBCODE, where is BB option?
I did check the "link" on each.

When I click on one my pictures in imgur, it shows that picture in a new window, much larger, and with 6 links on the right side of the picture. The 5th link down the list is the bb code. Beside it it says its for message boards and forums. Just click on that bb code link and it will be copied automatically, now just paste that link in your post where you want it to show up.

Originally Posted By: CTA-Katlin 3 come in to Ki-Yi sounds off bait pile

Welcome and really good stuff on camera. Show us smore like that lol.

I lost last night. I stayed at the new camp, saw the coyote 3 times between 2:30am -3:30am but it was really shy and never made it to the bait or gave me a shot. Back home at the new house the coyote came back after being gone a few days. I had put out some dogfood with a little bacon grease because I have so many fox eating my meat scraps up before the coyotes get there. This coyote must like the dog food because he was there from 3:45am to 6:24am. I am back at the new house tonight with "desert" waiting for him. It will be a 150 yd shot to the dogfood.

yzDI44Q.jpg

Get him, Week.

Spot, I am anxious to see your blind and setup. This kind of stuff is exciting and educational to see how others go about it. I encourage everyone to show your blind / shack or how you hunt over bait. Seeing dead coyotes is nice, but seeing the baiting setup is better in my opinion.

Been over a month but got another down. My lab gets a little anxious when I shoot from house but loves the retrieve. I'll get the shot up later.

Last edited:
Back