Silencer Central new Efile experience?

Finally received a shopping notice. 9 weeks from ATF approval to shipping!!! Ridiculous!!! Stay away from these liars! I had to send 5 emails to get a response then they tried to feed me a line of BS about the local LEO notice being the cause for the delay. Once I told them not to lie to me as I retired from this same LEO agency! Hahaha caught them red handed. They did not respond once I told them this info. This is my second and last dealing with Silencer central. Liars!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: DesertRamSorry to hear of your bad experience, but glad to hear your new suppressor is on the way home!
He is not the only person to have a bad experience with Silencer Central. I will never order another suppressor from them. It took them 5 months from the day of purchase to get my paperwork submitted to the ATF. The reason it took 5 months was because when we were going over my information to submit to the ATF they had the city wrong where I lived. They said, we have to correct this before we submit it. It took them 5 Weeks to correct the city on my paperwork. So a total of 5 months to get submitted. Totally unacceptable and then they had the nerve to send a email for me fill out a review, lol.

I got two thru SC (both at the same time) and the experience was very good. Took about three weeks to assemble all the info and have it submitted to the ATF. I had a few questions along the way, and customer support was great!! my wait was around 10 months including the time for them to notify my local sheriff's dept and get back the mandatory 1 week wait time for the "no contest" document. Then about a week for shipping and delivery. Honestly couldn't have been happier

Last edited:
From 2017 thru 2021 NFA applications more than doubled, the government is slow with anything regarding information. As there is no data available for 2022 to today. Biden has directed all agency dealing with firearms,mining,fossil fuels to slow or delay data/processing of applications. Just think how simple it would be if the government would process by IDENTIFICATION instead of date received.

Originally Posted By: spotstalkshootFrom 2017 thru 2021 NFA applications more than doubled, the government is slow with anything regarding information. As there is no data available for 2022 to today. Biden has directed all agency dealing with firearms,mining,fossil fuels to slow or delay data/processing of applications. Just think how simple it would be if the government would process by IDENTIFICATION instead of date received.

It actually doesn't go by date, you can send in two different form 4s in together on the same day and its possible they could have different ATF inspectors, and be approved at very different dates, happens all the time.

Lots of them work from home, taking our unsecured private information with them to process. If your inspector has many in line in front of you, a good or bad work ethic, that can drastically change the waiting period.

I've had really good and quick service from them. This last order, 2 suppressors from the start to them getting the paperwork to the ATF was 3 weeks. Last suppressor I got from them took 3 weeks to receive it once it was approved. We'll see how these two go.

Originally Posted By: crapshootPurchased mine at a local shop but filed paperwork through silencer central. Seemed to me like a long drawn out process to finally get the paperwork submitted which was today. Now the wait really begins.10-16-22

Approved today 7-12-23

I ordered 2 cans from them in January of 2023. I am still waiting . If these assholes set up a booth and I could walk away with one the same day. I still would not do business with them again.

Last edited:
Ordered mine 2 years ago from SC. Took one year. Told me up front it would take that long. 365 days . Unless it’s changed. ATF takes forever . Thought bout buying more, but I may have konked out by then

I'm still waiting on my 2 cans, but they are processing applications for this time range right now. Not sure why SC is the bad guy if the ATF has the application and hasn't processed it yet. I haven't had any issues with them, but I bought them knowing it may take a year or so. Payed for it, did the over the phone submission and then sit back and wait till it shows up.

1701819105480.png

When I e- filed through the lgs they took my credit card and I had notification that it was in process the same day. Same with my latest which I started in May,so hopefully could come at anytime.Week from 7 months first time.

I went with Silencer Central and after everything was said and done my form was submitted to ATF May 31, 2023. ATF approved my stamp end of December and I got my suppressor delivered to my door Jan 26, 2024. Not too bad.
SC was a pleasure to work with and made the entire process quite easy. I was kept updated religiously. This was my first suppressor and probably won’t be my last. What’s even more surprising is I attached it to my thermal rifle and it’s half an inch low at 100yds.

Back