New Foxpro models for 2023

todbartell

Teaser pic today from Foxpro

There's a scale for weighing your coyotes in the remote of the higher end models

X3V3DHv.jpg

Wow, I didn't realize Foxpro was making vacuum cleaners to compete with Roomba there on the right, that should be light and convenient to carry!

Looks like they added more buttons to the remote and made it a de-liar fish scale so you can take your Foxpro fishing, thats important! At least they left the font small so 20 year olds can read it, thats important also. Hopefully they added 6 or so more buttons to the sides to accidentally hit as well!

The picture is really disappointing but I'm hopeful until I get my hands on one.

Last edited:
Is this for competition driven predator hunts for the largest and smallest coyote, etc?

How exciting for FP to charge more and keep sales up.....I would much rather have a remote that works at extended ranges (not line of sight) in cover such as woods, brush, etc.

Originally Posted By: TXCOONDOGIs this for competition driven predator hunts for the largest and smallest coyote, etc?

How exciting for FP to charge more and keep sales up.....I would much rather have a remote that works at extended ranges (not line of sight) in cover such as woods, brush, etc.

Careful, you will cause the prostaffers and fanboys claim how wonderful their remotes always work up to 3 miles and like your the only one with terrible remote range!!

Of the 5 I've personally owned and the others I've hunted with first hand, they all sucked in the range department!

I had an old Wildlife technologies caller don't remember the model, but the remote could control the caller a mile away. The problem I had was my 223 was not up to the one mile shots. The FCC shut that remote down, I think it was using voice frequencies.

My objective in buying a caller was to call the animal to me or near me. I don't care how far the remote will control the caller, as long as it will work for at least 40 yards. I currently use a beat up FP CS24. Furthermore, I'm not into new and improved, I am into better, if they ever make one, I'll buy it.

The small print on my Wildfire 2 is definitely an issue. You can have large numbers only displayed but my memory is going too. lol

Definitely designed by young guys.

I'm in the market for a new e-caller, my Foxpro CS-24 works great but the remote is a POS that requires mashing the buttons really hard.

I've been holding off 2 years waiting for better options. Smaller callers that fit in a day pack. Less gizmos and fancy unnecessary programs (bluetooth, FoxBang, data tracking, etc) to keep prices down.

Maybe it's a contest to have the largest remote on the market to ensure it won't fit in your pockets. The new remote pictured above looks to be 12" tall plus a 4" antenna on top. Not pocket sized. Looks like they added a scale to the remote, why.

I think its great that Foxpro has continued to advance the technology in callers. However, I think my old worthless, old technology CS24 sounds good to my old abused ears.

That opens the door to just how good the sounds are reproduced in the callers. They might sound good to your ears, which are not well-designed to decern and analyze sound. I know a predator can hear sounds that we can not. For the sake of argument, lets say there is noise like a white noise or a very high pitch squeal in the sound we are playing, the predator can hear and we can't.

Just something to think about when you consider buying a cheap no name caller.

I'll offer this example. I have a yellow lab, my duck hunting partner. We can be moving up to the blind, someone in the blind is calling ducks, my dog doesn't respond at all. When we are in the blind and a duck lands in the decoys, nothing, if that duck quacks one time, my dog comes to alert. Who knows how a dog's mind works.

Originally Posted By: IcedteaI think its great that Foxpro has continued to advance the technology in callers. However, I think my old worthless, old technology CS24 sounds good to my old abused ears.

That opens the door to just how good the sounds are reproduced in the callers. They might sound good to your ears, which are not well-designed to decern and analyze sound. I know a predator can hear sounds that we can not. For the sake of argument, lets say there is noise like a white noise or a very high pitch squeal in the sound we are playing, the predator can hear and we can't.

Just something to think about when you consider buying a cheap no name caller.

I'll offer this example. I have a yellow lab, my duck hunting partner. We can be moving up to the blind, someone in the blind is calling ducks, my dog doesn't respond at all. When we are in the blind and a duck lands in the decoys, nothing, if that duck quacks one time, my dog comes to alert. Who knows how a dog's mind works.

you ever heard a johnny stewart cassette tape that has been played and rewound several 100 times. they get to where they sound like crap. but they'll still call coyotes one right after another.

imo sound quality is highly over rated. all this 24 bit, 32 bit, 64 bit stuff really dont mean squat in the long run. an old worn out js 512 cassette caller will still call in predators as good as anything out there.

i sure don't want to go back to lugging one of those around and rewinding tapes though.

Oh, I agree 100%.
The majority of the coyotes killed are less than 2 yours old and don't know squat. The older coyotes are usually killed when trying to feed pups, or in an area that has never been called or have old arthritic bones and fewer teeth making the desperate enough to take a chance.

My first Stewart caller played 45RPM records. When the tapes came out, I thought I was in heaven.

So I saw an article in Hunting Retailer on the new FoxPro models. New entry level is the Prowler (new remote w/ large screen), then Hellcat (built in decoy, same remote as Prowler), Hellcat Pro (w/ TX 1000 remote) the X48 and X360, both with the TX2000 remote. X48 has 24 bit sound, Foxfusion. X360 has 3 XHD speakers (7 total) and a 360 degree 24 bit sound increasing and decreasing volume. advanced Formation (moves sound to a different speaker), a weight scale, music mode and 350+ sounds. The TX2000 can hold up to 2000 sounds.

That's the synopsis from the article. Can't tell you more than that. Getting a little crazy for me. Glad my CS24 still works...

I remember using a Ghetto Blaster and cassette tapes in the early '80's. Hated how that thing ate batteries.

I don't need all the gadjets and kizmos on these caller today, but I imagine some do, or they just want 'em. I am actually thinking of getting another cheaper lightweight caller like AWS talked about in another post.

Originally Posted By: CoyotejunkiI remember using a Ghetto Blaster and cassette tapes in the early '80's. Hated how that thing ate batteries.

I don't need all the gadjets and kizmos on these caller today, but I imagine some do, or they just want 'em. I am actually thinking of getting another cheaper lightweight caller like AWS talked about in another post.

the fp inferno or patriot (think they are the same callers) are darn hard to beat for a small, light weight, great on batteries, plenty loud caller. pretty much all i use now days.

Quote:the fp inferno or patriot (think they are the same callers) are darn hard to beat for a small, light weight, great on batteries, plenty loud caller. pretty much all i use now days. That's probably a great option for most predator hunters, as long as the remote is ok. I'll probably pick one up for days I hike a lot (most days), to cut down on bulk if nothing else. I dislike carrying a bunch of gear. Keep it simple.

One of the best callers I used was a Sonny battery powered remote speaker from a sound system/computer hooked up to a Walkman CD player. Talk about great sound. The JS "Distressed Doe" would make you cry. I could play books on CDs on the way out, After I put together a remote caller with a Nady video recorder sound system I used the speaker and CD player in the semi to lister to books while on the road and in camp to listen to music.

Amen on simple.
The shape and set up on the new F Pro looks like they have advanced and advanced and now arrived at the appearance of an ancient Primos Alpha Dawg.

Back