Setting up your e-caller remote to be more efficient.

derbyacresbob

On your e-caller remote if you can change the order of the sounds so you can get to certain sounds quickly, it can really pay off in the long run.

I have two different e-callers and I have the first 4 sounds on each remote set up the same so I can get to them quickly. I think of these 4 sounds as emergency sounds. I want to switch to these 4 sounds immediately.

#1 pre-set sound is "Coyote Pup Screams" on full volume for stopping coyotes that are running off.
#2 Pre-set is "Coyote Distress 3" on full volume for brining in coyotes after shooting a coyote.
#3 Pre-set sound is "Vole Squeaks" on volume 25 for coaxing in coyotes that have stopped at 250 to 500 yards away.
#4 Pre-set sound is " Male Coyote Challenge #4" on full volume to instantly challenge coyotes that have just challenged the sounds that I am playing. I think you have a much better chance to call in a coyote that is challenging you if you can challenge them back instantly.

Sounds #5 through #9 can be sounds you want to use in a hurry or just sounds that you like to start out with.

So when I turn on my remote I can see sounds #1 through #9. Sounds #1 through #4 are preset sounds. #5 through #9 are important sounds that I start out with and use quite often.

Then I put important sounds and sounds I use quite often as sounds #42 through #50. By going backwards from the front page of sounds #1 through #9 it brings up the last page sounds #42 through #50.

This allows me to get to sounds #42 through #50 way faster than looking through sounds #10 through #18. I have quite a few coyote vocal sounds on the last page, sounds #42 through #50.

If you can change the order of the sounds on your e-caller remote you should be able to come up with a better more efficient order of sounds that will help you remember where they are on the list and help you get to them quicker.

Last edited:
Awesome information Bob...thanks for posting this. I know there are going to be folks that can take something useful away from this.

I did exactly this after reading it for the first time a couple tears ago in one of Bob's posts. Dramatically improved the efficiency of using the remote. Thanks for the great tio Bob!

Especially if you're flying solo...don't want to look through your remote tryin to find just tge right call and look up to coyote with that "whatcha doin" look on it's face.

Back