X-wave vs X-24

What's everybody's opinion on the X-wave with 2 speakers and 16 bit playback vs X-24 with it's single speaker and 24 bit playback? Shockwave lacks volume for me but is "richer" sounding than the X24(which is insane loud) so I've thought about going to the X-Wave as a compromise to gain the twin directional speakers/features and a bit more volume than the Shockwave, but not sure I want to lose the 24 bit playback I've had with the X24.
Thoughts?

Fred Eichler says turn your volume down? He says it's unnatural and scares beta coyotes away?

I wait until the end and use a mouth call to reach out if nothing has showed.

Eichler claims if you can hear it at 60 yards a coyote can at about a mile.

Take it for what it's worth.

Personally I'd take the single speaker caller, smaller, lighter, great sound, probably easier on batteries and you can always add a second speaker.

the old 16 vs 24 vs 32 vs 106 bit discussion. it's an oldie but a goodie. gotta love it.

the advertising hype sometimes bites more call buyers than the july mosquitos in minnesota.

someday you will realize the caller you use is about 7% of the recipe to being successful for calling coyotes.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotthe old 16 vs 24 vs 32 vs 106 bit discussion. it's an oldie but a goodie. gotta love it.

the advertising hype sometimes bites more call buyers than the july mosquitos in minnesota.

someday you will realize the caller you use is about 7% of the recipe to being successful for calling coyotes.
smile.gif

Well said sir...

I used a CS-24 until it died...now I use the X24...I haven't had a coyote yet that has complained about only 1 speaker...if you've got a Shockwave and you think it sounds good and it's calling in coyites why change? Don't mess with success...

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotthe old 16 vs 24 vs 32 vs 106 bit discussion. it's an oldie but a goodie. gotta love it.

smile.gif

Ahh but the sales pitch coming from Mike and the other 426 prostaff here was so convincing and real!!!

Originally Posted By: SoftpointFred Eichler says turn your volume down? He says it's unnatural and scares beta coyotes away?

I wait until the end and use a mouth call to reach out if nothing has showed.

Eichler claims if you can hear it at 60 yards a coyote can at about a mile.

Take it for what it's worth.

The same Fred Eichler that doesn’t realize the end of his Rifle barrel is lower than his scope?

That expert?

The same Fred Eichler that doesn’t realize the end of his Rifle barrel is lower than his scope?

That expert? [/quote]

Not sure what that is about but curious to learn

Envy? Highly unlikely!!
Softpoint, very apparent you are and that is okay!

I don’t somebody telling me what volume I should be playing my ecallers at, trial and error and I learn as I go.

Not sure which episode of Predator Nation it is, FE is laying prone on top of a rock formation, Coyote gets below his actual “barrel” line of sight and FE fires off a round, sending rock and debris for all viewers to see.

Just very careless in my opinion and if that is what makes me an envious, I have very, very low expectations of myself or those around me.

His film crew must have forgot about the “edit” button?

If/when FE comes onto this website he can post a link to the video;-)

We can always learn from others mistakes!

When I run my ecallers, it is usually 100% full volume, haven’t seen many that were weary or would steer clear when I have the ecaller set on a high volume.

I kill plenty of Coyote every year;-)

Have you ever made a mistake? He plainly states he shows the good and the bad.

Hiding your mistakes doesn't make you a expert or a professional. (Politicians should learn that.)

Nobody criticizes you when your a nobody. It's called "leveling". Bring down someone better than you to increase your status. (In your mind only.)

I learned that as a athlete.

Fred Eichler is a solid hunter and people can learn a thing or two from him regardless of your legendary status on PM. lol

People make choices in life, I chose not to follow your god or his advice, I do just fine without it.

They do put erasers on pencils because people make mistakes in all walks of life.

Enjoy your day;-)

I'm not afraid of running fairly high volume on stand, especially for howls. I'd go x24 over a X Wave, I like the ability to hang the call off a fence post on the x24 - great feature!

I'm still calling with an original CS-24, at least most of the time, when I still use an e-caller. Sometimes I use the Convergent at night. I do most of my night calling with mouth calls though. For me the volume is not that critical. You need "enough" but once you get to that point more doesn't make it much if any better. Rarely do I even get the single speaker CS-24 to full volume. I prefer the compact light design and not having as much to carry. That is what fits my style but to each his own on that point.

On every coyote calling stand I have made, I ended up playing a sound or sounds on full volume. In wide open country you can call in coyotes from 2 or 3 miles away if they can hear your sounds.

Coyotes are not always in a perfect spot to hear your sounds and if the coyotes are up wind, the wind does not carry sounds against the wind at lower volumes. Many times I have driven my truck right up on deer, elk and coyotes and they didn't hear my truck

When I worked in the oil fields quite often I could hear the steam generators running from a 1/2 mile to a mile away and then all of a sudden they would go quiet. They went quiet because the slight wind or breeze changed directions and that wind change kept me from hearing them..

When I first started calling coyotes with a cassette player we couldn't adjust the volume because we didn't have a remote. The one tape that we used we had the player on full blast volume when the sound started playing. On this tape at about the 4 minute mark the volume got much louder. Most of the coyotes that came in was about 3 minutes or more after the sound went up.

At least 90% of the time I play all of the coyote vocals on full blast volume. I have seen way more coyotes get excited and come running in to full volume than I have ever seen run away from full volume. Over the years we have probable killed 100 to 150 coyotes with Foxpro's "Pup Distrss 3" sound and every time it was on full blast volume.

Not all sounds play at the same volume. Some sounds at 100% volume are not as loud as other sounds at 70% volume.

Back