~Early March 2023~

Excellent as always. Thanks I know the feeling about "this place used to be quiet", the Marcellus gas boom in my area has made a lot of quiet places noisy with drilling, fracking, and compressor stations/facilities.

Thanks for another great video, Jeremy. Really enjoy sharing your hunts and look forward to the next edition!

Regards,
Clarence

Great job Jeremy. I watched the video on FB at lunch today while I was sizing 300 HAMR brass. Now you just have to get that 22-250 going again so you can quit using that 308. The recoil from it is disturbing my viewing experience.
lol.gif
The tripod has helped with that though.

You are flat hammering the coyotes the last couple months. Keep up the good work.

Originally Posted By: JTPinTXGreat job Jeremy. I watched the video on FB at lunch today while I was sizing 300 HAMR brass. Now you just have to get that 22-250 going again so you can quit using that 308. The recoil from it is disturbing my viewing experience.
lol.gif
The tripod has helped with that though.

You are flat hammering the coyotes the last couple months. Keep up the good work.

i just got the arca plate installed. i still can believe noone has made aics mags compatible for 22-250

Originally Posted By: jmeddy I know the feeling about "this place used to be quiet", the Marcellus gas boom in my area has made a lot of quiet places noisy with drilling, fracking, and compressor stations/facilities.

what i dislike most is all the new wind turbins. they are noisy at close range

Originally Posted By: AWSLooks like you've made a lot of ranchers smile.

I lost count hunting when I sent this video, I thought I had 15 but when I unloaded them there were 16. But yes some of these farmers are happy… I been sending the landowners little videos after I hunt like this. The one I sent this to saw a similar video and contacted me. This was the 2nd time I hunted his place. Sent him this video and yesterday his son and neighbor called with fresh ground to hunt.

I took 7 off less than a square mile of property hunting a zig zag pattern across the section working into the wind, my scent blowing into areas I just targeted and called. Earlier place I hunted I walked a straight crosswind along the highway with my scent blowing over the highway and into the next section I did not have access too... I was targeting coyotes from my 7 to 12 o'clock as worked along the highway… I drug the coyotes up to the side of the highway and dropped pins to go pick up with my truck, lol

According to my Fitbit’s step counter I walked almost 27 miles

Put in the footwork

yeah i have sleep issues too, lol

the mental aspect of hunting coyotes are theraputic and naturalistic aid to combatting intrusive thoughts... the older i get the more i prefer solitude:)

Originally Posted By: hm1996Thanks for another great video, Jeremy. Really enjoy sharing your hunts and look forward to the next edition!

And the crowd said AMEN

Another awesome display of SKILLS!

Great job man and thanks for sharing. I like how you incorporate pictures and not just video, I may try some of that as well once the site is updated and its easier to share pictures!

Keep up the great work.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnot

hardly, if ever, see a coyote you kill with mange. not much of it where you are?

2 different kinds of mange, I have shot a few this year with demodectic mange but it’s natural, non contagious and due to an individual coyote’s immune system.

In 2018 we had an outbreak of sarcoptic mange spread thru the population in my area and it’s contagious. Probably around half I shot were effected.

When I was younger I shot coyote that were almost completely bald and thought to myself this coyote would have never “survived the winter.” That year I was shown just how much of a survivor they are. I killed several of them in late winter/early spring in that condition and they did in fact: “survive the winter”

I handled all those coyotes with bare hands. Sometimes it caused minor irritation around my wrists for a day or 2, but the mite that causes mange in K-9s cannot reproduce or live more than a couple days on human skin.

Your dog has demodectic mites on it right now and you pet and have contact with them all the time. It’s only when they have an issue with their immune system that the mites are able to over populate, but those same mites can’t populate human skin.

Good information Jeremy. That is one of the things I love about this forum. If a guy wants to look and read there is always something they can learn. There is tons of information in the heads of lots of the posters here. We just have to keep working on getting that information out and passing it along. You do good with that.

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnot

hardly, if ever, see a coyote you kill with mange. not much of it where you are?

2 different kinds of mange, I have shot a few this year with demodectic mange but it’s natural, non contagious and due to an individual coyote’s immune system.

In 2018 we had an outbreak of sarcoptic mange spread thru the population in my area and it’s contagious. Probably around half I shot were effected.

When I was younger I shot coyote that were almost completely bald and thought to myself this coyote would have never “survived the winter.” That year I was shown just how much of a survivor they are. I killed several of them in late winter/early spring in that condition and they did in fact: “survive the winter”

I handled all those coyotes with bare hands. Sometimes it caused minor irritation around my wrists for a day or 2, but the mite that causes mange in K-9s cannot reproduce or live more than a couple days on human skin.

Your dog has demodectic mites on it right now and you pet and have contact with them all the time. It’s only when they have an issue with their immune system that the mites are able to over populate, but those same mites can’t populate human skin.

thanks for taking the time to write that. i have done a good amount of research on mange because we have it here so bad for so long.

you summed up everything i have learned in just a short time. should help many others. thanks again.

I appreciate that you did not dub in any background music. I can hear the sounds on the caller which helps me learn as I go on the never ending pursuit of "The Trickster". Added music greatly diminishes the events of the actual hunt.

I think the pic in the corner of the shed is fantastic. Wow to the manged ones--I have never seen it here personally.

Back