Nice male coyote down

todbartell

Made a couple stands after work yesterday. Loving the longer days of March!

I started the second stand with female lone howls, then a pair howl. I was playing Toby Tebbe's Knotty Boy (breeding sound), and noticed at the 8 minute mark, a pair to my 9 o'clock, parallel to my position, but not coming directly in. They got into the brush and were gone. I sat tight and played MFK Pound Town, and shortly after I spot a coyote slip through the fence below me 115 yards and it's staring at the Foxpro. I slowly begin to get the gun on it, but the coyote seen me move and spun a 180 and was out of sight.

I tried a pup distress, then ramped things up with Tony Tebbe's Mayhem coyote fight. This is a pure chaos sound file. It wasn't long, and I spot a coyote come back in, this time I was ready and the Tikka 223 barked. A nice male, the female begun to howl from way back in the bush as I walked up to him. The 53gr Nosler Varmageddon did a good job with no hide damage. Half a mile drag back to the truck helped build an appetite for a late dinner

Tkk33J1.jpg

vQMBBbW.jpg

W0Z8NKs.jpg

They sure are prettier than down here on the desert, hope your snowshoeing or skiing that far. I'd hate to posthole through deep snow that far.

Originally Posted By: AWSThey sure are prettier than down here on the desert, hope your snowshoeing or skiing that far. I'd hate to posthole through deep snow that far.

I got a new pair of Atlas 35" snowshoes this winter with the BOA lace. Super awesome! I bet snow is waist deep if you dug right down to dirt. Supposed to get above freezing this week for daytime highs so hopefully it begins to disappear!

Originally Posted By: lockrotorVery nice pictures. What stock do you have on that gun?

thanks. That one is a McMillan Game Scout 2.0 - I really like it

Originally Posted By: todbartellOriginally Posted By: AWSThey sure are prettier than down here on the desert, hope your snowshoeing or skiing that far. I'd hate to posthole through deep snow that far.

I got a new pair of Atlas 35" snowshoes this winter with the BOA lace. Super awesome! I bet snow is waist deep if you dug right down to dirt. Supposed to get above freezing this week for daytime highs so hopefully it begins to disappear!

Originally Posted By: lockrotorVery nice pictures. What stock do you have on that gun?

thanks. That one is a McMillan Game Scout 2.0 - I really like it

My snowshoes have been getting a workout this winter as well here in Minnesota. Went out last night and was able to walk right over the top of the cattle fences on my way out. Took off my snowshoes once I was to my calling location and sunk to my waist (I’m 6’2”) and I wasn’t down to the dirt yet. This winter has been exceptionally sucky haha. Best of all I had a pair lighting up and going nuts 150 yards away in the tamarack swamp, but they refused to show themselves.

Back