Six Pack & A Pound: KC Ep.73

Kirsch

This is really a continuation of the same night from Episode 72. The video would have been really long, so I split it up in to two different episodes. Episode 73 features a 5-coyote stand and a single.

Good show for sure! I believe the coyote you called #5 coming back was actually #6. If you slow the footage down, after you kill #4 and start panning to the right coyote #5 shows up in that higher grass moving from left to right. Anyway, it was excellent shooting and great video!

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpGood show for sure! I believe the coyote you called #5 coming back was actually #6. If you slow the footage down, after you kill #4 and start panning to the right coyote #5 shows up in that higher grass moving from left to right. Anyway, it was excellent shooting and great video! Double, you are correct there was a 6th coyote, but that one did not stop and as you noticed was exiting from left to right. I am confident #5 came back because it was vocal with me the first time it came in (can't hear it on the video) and repeated the exact same vocalization with the same tone, same size, etc when it came back. It knew something was wrong and wouldn't come any closer, so I took the longer shot. Great eye on noticing the #6 coyote, and I totally agree this would have been more likely vs calling a coyote back a 2nd time. It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I do believe it was #5 again.

Well, you were there, and I wasn't so I can't diagree with what you saw. You must have edited out part of the time frame because it seemed like he was a long way off for such a short span of time. I'd sure like to have to be deciding whether it was #5 or #6.

That reminds me of that quip from Dirty Harry where he has the guy cornered and says something like, now I know what you're thinking, did he shoot five times or did he shoot six? And to tell you the truth in all the excitement I forgot myself, but you have to ask yourself one question. Considering this is a 44 magnum and will blow your head slam off, "Do you feel lucky?" Congratulations and great action.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpWell, you were there, and I wasn't so I can't diagree with what you saw. You must have edited out part of the time frame because it seemed like he was a long way off for such a short span of time. Yes, the video is edited, and significant time removed including from when I swung back to the right and the 5th coyote showing back up. The entire stand without retrievals was probably around 40 minutes but the video is edited down to around 5 minutes. It would be really boring to watch 35 minutes of dead space in the middle.

I watch 35 minutes of "dead space" on the vast majority of my stands. Tehe. Anyhow, good as always and most of them must have been really hungry or mad the way they were running in.

Originally Posted By: jmeddyI watch 35 minutes of "dead space" on the vast majority of my stands. Tehe. Anyhow, good as always and most of them must have been really hungry or mad the way they were running in. Most of these came to various coyote vocalizations.

Originally Posted By: jmeddyI watch 35 minutes of "dead space" on the vast majority of my stands. Tehe. Anyhow, good as always and most of them must have been really hungry or mad the way they were running in.

And he ain't the only one either lolol.

Another fine show. Some of the runners bother me because if a coyote runs 20 yds on me, there is a fair chance I won't find him. These cutovers and timber thins are so thick you literally have to beat your way in with a stick. Even some of your obvious mortally wounded coyotes are going quite a ways to die.

Originally Posted By: bcturkeynutI really enjoy your videos and I know there is a lot of extra work to produce these. Thanks for sharing your time and hunts with us. Thank you. I could definitely kill more coyotes if I wasn't filming aspects of the hunts. The editing afterwards does take a lot of time. However, I really do enjoy this community and doing this helped lead me to Night Goggles and has become part of my role there.

Great video. I would love to hunt where I could call in a yote. I'm on the struggle bus this year. I've switched up callers, thrown the book at them, can't seem to find any luck. Early on I killed a few but here lately the only trigger time I have had has been on coons.

Our season goes out tonight. Then onto written permission farms or family land. Southern Indiana sucks for coyote hunting!!

Great video and shooting. Amazing to see them keep streaming in one after the other. Hence the old adage keep on calling. Very cool.

Originally Posted By: Rhett SteeleGreat video. I would love to hunt where I could call in a yote. I'm on the struggle bus this year. I've switched up callers, thrown the book at them, can't seem to find any luck. Early on I killed a few but here lately the only trigger time I have had has been on coons. keep after it, as the only way to get them is to keep after them.

Originally Posted By: Rhett SteeleOur season goes out tonight. The season in my home state of ND is done on 3/15 as well. By this time, if I haven't banked enough footage to last the rest of the year for the Kirsch Chronicles, I have to go out-of-the state to get more footage.

Originally Posted By: crazyyoteGreat video and shooting. Amazing to see them keep streaming in one after the other. Hence the old adage keep on calling. Very cool. Yes, I always continue calling. I will continue with the sound I was using for a few minutes. If no additional takers, I will change my calling totally to attempt to activate a different "trigger/response" from other coyotes in the area. For instance, if I called in one or two with distress, I will then move to a social response, and if that doesn't work a territory response to attempt to trigger other coyotes, etc.

Back