How has the Foxpro Fusion performed for you?

Originally Posted By: DesertRamI guess I haven't hunted big enough country, because in nine or ten years of using my Shockwave, I have yet to outrange the remote. I set it in the open, stuff it in bushes, hang it in trees, whatever, and no issues. Maybe I need to stretch it out and see where it quits working.

it was not the range that gave it problems it was more a line of sight issue

Hmm. I see. I rarely set the call where I can't see it (even if it's stuffed in a bush, or on the other side of a rock). The first bobcat that I know for sure I called in just "showed up" at the call. If it had been out of sight, I probably would not have killed him.

DesertRam, I do the same thing. I put my call 10-15 yards away in direct sight. And, I have my gun up on sticks pointed at my caller. The caller is ground zero for all the action.

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762Originally Posted By: gunsbam45When I started looking a LOT of guys on here said the Fusion was the way to go for a light portable e-call for the way I like to travel.

I dug out my fusion and started using it again for this very reason. its compact size better suits my style of walking/hunting. the only drawback is that the remote does not communicate with the call as good as the ICOtecs I had been using and i dont think it is as loud. but i have killed a coyote or 2 with it...

Mine impressed me enough I bought a spare in case I destroyed it somehow.

I had a skull camo version Fusion. Bought a Shockwave and sold the Fusion, but wish I would’ve kept the Fusion. They both work fine, the Fusion was just smaller/lighter and easier to carry around.

I bought the Shockwave too to replace my Fusion a couple years ago. I ended up returning the Shockwave. It felt like it was 1980 and I was carrying a huge Ghetto Blaster with my homies in the hood. That thing was too big.

First stand with the Fusion and I shot a double

fusion.jpg

After thinking about this question, I've had the Fusion for three years and have only called in one fox. Had a Patriot before the Fusion and did OK. I do know my Fusion eats Lithium batteries.

I took my Fusion out yesterday. It is easy to carry. The sound is good up to about level 20. But, beyond that, I can definitely hear the speaker struggling to produce a good sound. I think I need an external speaker to produce quality sound above level 20 or a new unit.

I think Debyarces makes a good point on the benefits of high call volume. I want to do that more in my calling.

So, I bought the x24 with the MFK sounds. I think the quality of the sound will be better at high volumes. Also, having sounds that are less common is probably a good thing too calling public land in CA.

Last edited:
I have noticed when I hit the remote to start a call or sometimes to change volume at home when I am listening to sounds to program a sequence I get. A short static sound that comes out of the speaker. Like the signal from the remote is sent through.

Back