Foxpro TX1000 remote issue

Erie660

My remote has been acting up recently. I run the Energizer ultimate lithium batteries in it.
The 1st time I had the call out maybe 60-70 yds, turned on remote and couldn’t get sound to play so I installed new batteries and it worked fine. Remote showed fully charged batteries.
The 2nd time call was about 50 yds, flat ground and no obstructions. I started playing the sounds and couldn’t get the remote to mute, change volume or even turn off. I moved the call to 30 yds and it worked as it should.
The 3rd time with new batteries again it worked fine for a couple stands and started acting up again. Again, distance was maybe 60 yds and started to act up again.
I called Foxpro and they said being close to power lines could cause interference but that wasn’t it. They recommend sending it in. This is a X24 and only 1 yr old. Temperature has been mild 20- 30 degrees on average. My remote always shows a full charge and doesn’t seem to change.
Anyone else had these issues? Thanks

Originally Posted By: Erie660My remote has been acting up recently. I run the Energizer ultimate lithium batteries in it.
The 1st time I had the call out maybe 60-70 yds, turned on remote and couldn’t get sound to play so I installed new batteries and it worked fine. Remote showed fully charged batteries.
The 2nd time call was about 50 yds, flat ground and no obstructions. I started playing the sounds and couldn’t get the remote to mute, change volume or even turn off. I moved the call to 30 yds and it worked as it should.
The 3rd time with new batteries again it worked fine for a couple stands and started acting up again. Again, distance was maybe 60 yds and started to act up again.
I called Foxpro and they said being close to power lines could cause interference but that wasn’t it. They recommend sending it in. This is a X24 and only 1 yr old. Temperature has been mild 20- 30 degrees on average. My remote always shows a full charge and doesn’t seem to change.
Anyone else had these issues? Thanks

Welcome to my world and many others experience with the TX1000. Its ALWAYS some BS from the fanboys and Foxpro on the reasons the remote range won't work. Its exactly why I bought an Icotec and Lucky Duck, which both have a better range.

I'm a huge fan of American companies and products but foxpro has really let its customers down IMO by not making a better remote. The TX1000 has been in service for about 8-10 years roughly and they've done ZERO to improve it but they have came out with probably a dozen or more different models of callers in that time.

If the Dillons and pro staff are listening, MAKE A NEW IMPROVED REMOTE, we don't need new callers with different names and 32000bit sounds....

Had the same exact issue with 2 different X-24's. Both worked initially and then started doing different issues. One began having a crackling sound but remote worked perfect easily to 150yds, so they sent replacement and it worked for a little over a month before having communication issues. it would continue playing no matter how many times you tried to press mute. Sometimes when you played first sound, it would play the last stand's final sound and keep playing it until you physically walked to it and turned it off. I tried switching to Alkaline batteries from Lithium, leaving cell phone in car(as was suggested issues with 5g) stayed away from cell towers put up on tripod at 50 yds and it would still start doing it randomly..I have another TX1000 from my Fusion and got the same issue with it. So that narrowed it to the caller itself in my mind.
Got frustrated and told them to replace the 2nd one with a new Shockwave. It ran flawless, but I couldn't live with it's lack of volume after seeing the benefits of the X-24.I asked about paying difference to upgrade to XWave, but was told no. So they are sending me my 3rd X-24 and if it was any less of a caller, or great customer servoce or I didn't have over $1k in "Foxpro Exclusive" sounds I'd have already jumped ship. FWIW I run all of the major e-callers and by far the X-24 is the best I've used. I imagine the new X-48 will be even better.

Originally Posted By: Driven2tri24Had the same exact issue with 2 different X-24's. Both worked initially and then started doing different issues. One began having a crackling sound but remote worked perfect easily to 150yds, so they sent replacement and it worked for a little over a month before having communication issues. it would continue playing no matter how many times you tried to press mute. Sometimes when you played first sound, it would play the last stand's final sound and keep playing it until you physically walked to it and turned it off. I tried switching to Alkaline batteries from Lithium, leaving cell phone in car(as was suggested issues with 5g) stayed away from cell towers put up on tripod at 50 yds and it would still start doing it randomly..I have another TX1000 from my Fusion and got the same issue with it. So that narrowed it to the caller itself in my mind.
Got frustrated and told them to replace the 2nd one with a new Shockwave. It ran flawless, but I couldn't live with it's lack of volume after seeing the benefits of the X-24.I asked about paying difference to upgrade to XWave, but was told no. So they are sending me my 3rd X-24 and if it was any less of a caller, or great customer servoce or I didn't have over $1k in "Foxpro Exclusive" sounds I'd have already jumped ship. FWIW I run all of the major e-callers and by far the X-24 is the best I've used. I imagine the new X-48 will be even better.

Thank you for this reply. I thought it was the remote but after reading this it may vary well be the call itself.

Back