Doubles, triples, quads etc.

crapshoot

What is your definition ?
For me, if I call a stand and 2,3,4 etc. coyotes come in all at the same time and I kill them all then I call that a double, triple, quad etc.
If those coyotes came in 3-5 minutes apart and I killed them then I consider that to be 2,3,4 singles since they didn't come in all together.

Things get significantly more difficult when they all come in together and the shooting starts... especially if you're a solo hunter.

None of this matters in the big scheme of things and im not directing this at anyone. Just wondering what others think about this.

Yeah, none of it matters, agree. But I call it according to how many come in at once. In other words, big difference between when I say "killed three on that stand" and "got a triple on that stand!".

- DAA

Originally Posted By: DAAYeah, none of it matters, agree. But I call it according to how many come in at once. In other words, big difference between when I say "killed three on that stand" and "got a triple on that stand!".

- DAA

Gotta disagree with you DAA on if it "matters"!!!

There is a HECK of a difference on if they come in together at the same time or separately at different times. There is also a tremendous difference if its done solo or with a group.

IMO a true double, triple, etc. Is when they come together at the same time. If they come separately I call it multiples on the same stand.

I think guys that call it a double, triple, or quad that didn't come in at the same time fall into two categories, one being they haven't hunted long or killed many true doubles to respect and understand the difference and two they are dramatizing their story for whatever reason!

Originally Posted By: borkonI keep it simple.
If I kill 3 on a stand, I just say "I killed 3"

I concur with you Sir.

Generally IMHO however many you kill on one set within a reasonable time. Simply because the majority if not all multiples we kill are from the same pack or pair, for some reason or another they just don't come in together, or there's a separation that occurs during the sequence. IF we were sitting for an hour and had other coyotes come into hearing range that would eventually commit, I'd label it differently.
We've called in 6 at a time and killed 5 I defined as a quint.
I've called in 3 in a pack, then another 3 are coming while we're killing the first bunch, and I also called it a quint.
OR we can reference basketball terms, and our last quint can be dialed in as a double triple, but for the sake of dramatization, I'll keep it simple with a "quint".
wink.gif

I hope you comment on my YouTube video with that question, it will be awesome engagement and drive up analytics. I'm gonna have a super dramatic clickbait thumbnail for this one. LOL.

Originally Posted By: skinneyI hope you comment on my YouTube video with that question, it will be awesome engagement and drive up analytics. I'm gonna have a super dramatic clickbait thumbnail for this one. LOL.

What's my cut?
wink.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: crapshootOriginally Posted By: skinneyI hope you comment on my YouTube video with that question, it will be awesome engagement and drive up analytics. I'm gonna have a super dramatic clickbait thumbnail for this one. LOL.

What's my cut?
wink.gif
grin.gif

I'll pin your comment
lol.gif

I agree with keeping it simple and saying whatever you killed from that stand is considered the number. It could get real confusing otherwise.
As an example I called 7 killed 5. 2 came in first and died but then 5 came in all at once but split up and died a few min apart from each other. some coyotes were called back and one died at distance. I can't even begin to wrap my head around trying to figure that out haha

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DAA big difference between when I say "killed three on that stand" and "got a triple on that stand!".

- DAA

you know i'm going to lose sleep due to that comment, right?
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: DAA big difference between when I say "killed three on that stand" and "got a triple on that stand!".

- DAA

you know i'm going to lose sleep due to that comment, right?
lol.gif

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

- DAA

I figure it as how many coyotes were killed while you remained in the same spot, or on the same "stand". With a partner (witnessed) I shot 9 and he shot one once. Total of 10 on one stand. I don't know the name for 10 on a stand. I shotgunned 4 and rifled 5. He shot one more with a rifle.

Originally Posted By: Cal TaylorI figure it as how many coyotes were killed while you remained in the same spot, or on the same "stand". With a partner (witnessed) I shot 9 and he shot one once. Total of 10 on one stand. I don't know the name for 10 on a stand. I shotgunned 4 and rifled 5. He shot one more with a rifle.

I believe "dec" would be the term for 10. I would love to see a video of that stand!

I always thought that if all three came in at the same time it was a triple. if two came in and died and then 1 came in 5 minutes later, I refereed that as a double and a single on a stand.

My best was 5 came in about 20 seconds after a howl, just my dog, me, and them. Killed all 5 with a Kimber 223, only had 3 in the mag, one in the chamber had to add another rd to get the 5th.

My best since then has been triples.

I would agree, if they all come in close together in time, say a minute or two of each other, I would term that a double, triple, etc...if they are spread out then they are singles.

Dead is dead, so I usually term it as I "called" in 2 or 3, etc...and dropped 1 or 2, etc...

No right, no wrong, just different...that should be the PM motto...LOL...

Mo

Originally Posted By: mhammerOriginally Posted By: Cal TaylorI figure it as how many coyotes were killed while you remained in the same spot, or on the same "stand". With a partner (witnessed) I shot 9 and he shot one once. Total of 10 on one stand. I don't know the name for 10 on a stand. I shotgunned 4 and rifled 5. He shot one more with a rifle.

I believe "dec" would be the term for 10. I would love to see a video of that stand!

Now that would be an awesome title, I Dec'd em, or We just Dec'd a Pack. #lifegoals.

Back