Last Chance Diner

DoubleUp

I don't usually post baiting videos here and in the baiting thread as well, but since yesterday was my birthday, 76, I decided I would. We went out to eat yesterday evening at Outback Steakhouse. While I was waiting on my wife to return from the restroom, I was thinking of how blessed I have been all these years and still am. Being able to go hunting or fishing by myself at my age is precious to me. Then I thought, Lord, it would be nice for me to get a coyote on my bait pile for a birthday present. The Bible says in Ephesians 3:20 that He is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we ask or think according to the power that works in us. I often tell folks to be wise about what they allow themselves to think.

Problem was, as most of you know, my bait pile coyotes have been about as scarce as hen's teeth. Anyway about 11:15 last night I decided to take a look at the field with the thermal. I've had a roadkill deer out for more than a week with nothing hitting it, but when I looked out there was a coyote on the deer. The video tells the rest of the story.

#36b by Double Up, on Flickr

#36 by Double Up, on Flickr

She got a chance to ride out of the field in the "Meat Wagon."

#36a by Double Up, on Flickr

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DoubleUp……..Truthfully I didn't expect so many birthday wishes.
We are just trying to make you feel good about it.

One of the best birthday present you could wish for. I need to remind myself of the blessing it is just to be able to hunt. When I was in Iraq I saw brown jackals that oooked a lot like coyotes in summer coats. I did not shoot any of them

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762One of the best birthday present you could wish for. I need to remind myself of the blessing it is just to be able to hunt. When I was in Iraq I saw brown jackals that oooked a lot like coyotes in summer coats. I did not shoot any of them

Man, Iraq is where I fell in love with predator hunting.

Back