Popular Varmint Caliber Brass Available, HURRY!!

Kino M

Staff member
Hey guys, I wanted to pass along that Starline is currently taking orders for these popular calibers. They call it "backorder" but they usually ship really fast as they are tooled up and running that caliber currently or its coming really soon. On several occasions I've placed my order and it ships the next day. No tax, free shipping, cheaper than the store and good quality, hard to beat!!!

224 Valkyrie
243 Winchester
6.8SPC

I have used a lot of Starline brass in many pistol calibers, 308, .270 and 45-70 Gov

My experience with 45-70 gov has been positive. Just an observation with it, it is much, much harder to run through the sizing die than Hornady brass. I am at 7 firings with one batch and all is still well. (as expected)

My experience with .308 and 270 has been very frustrating. Die set up is a disaster.... Some cases need to be sized several times to fit the chamber, and some will push the shoulder back so far i have to segregate cases. I basically end up with shoulder bump all over the place, and overworked necks as many need sizing again....

I switched to Winchester 270 brass and problem solved. In 308 i switched to Hornady brass. Problem solved again. Availability is spotty though.

Pistol brass is pistol brass. All of it seems to work well, for so many firings i can't even keep track. (as expected)

I just pulled out some 5.56 Starline brass and am eager to try it out. It is ready to load on my bench right now. I won't have much info on that until i get through at least 4 firings, which will be awhile.

It seems i need to buy an annealing machine to make the Starline brass work. If it does, i will be very, very happy!!! I have purchased a lot of it in bulk during the thin times. Some lots of 308 brass i give up on as soon as the 2nd re-size.

I can't afford the AMP machine. And have been looking at a couple other options.

I noticed over on Accurate Shooter there is a long thread going. Each and every member there praises the brand. Some comparing it to Lapua. Many say it is much better than the normal Win, Fed & Rem. Also much cheaper. Many seem to have never fired it or reloaded it also. Maybe they have an unused bulk box of it. Or they heard someplace it was good.

I want to love it. I will start annealing and hope to salvage all of this brass. I am a fan of all things made in the USA. Especially brass makers, when most brass is out of stock nation-wide.

arlaunch, I shoot a lot of PRS/Long range all spring, summer and fall and I'm a snob when it comes to quality. Starline definitely isn't Lapua or Peterson but it definitely is better than Winchester, Hornady, Federal and Remington. I do have an annealing machine and I anneal every single time I load. I'm sure thats a huge part of longevity and contribution to great accuracy.

In today's world we sometimes have to take what we can find with reloading components and for hunting ammunition there is no advantage to Lapua or anything else on the market really.

Back