Off-Duty Police Officer Uses AR-15 to Stop Bear in Connecticut

I know a guy near me that killed a 400 pound black bear with a Marlin M60 .22LR loaded with Mini Mag hollowpoints. The bear had been a nuisance doing a lot of damage to an outside shed, chicken coup and chasing the farm dogs and other livestock. On the night of the incident the bear trapped one of the dogs inside a fence and was mauling it when the homeowner shot it six times behind the onside shoulder with the .22 hollowpoints. The bear ran off and was recovered by sheriff's deputies and the game warden the next day a couple hundred yards away from the house.

Originally Posted By: GCI know a guy near me that killed a 400 pound black bear with a Marlin M60 .22LR loaded with Mini Mag hollowpoints. The bear had been a nuisance doing a lot of damage to an outside shed, chicken coup and chasing the farm dogs and other livestock. On the night of the incident the bear trapped one of the dogs inside a fence and was mauling it when the homeowner shot it six times behind the onside shoulder with the .22 hollowpoints. The bear ran off and was recovered by sheriff's deputies and the game warden the next day a couple hundred yards away from the house.

Yep, stranger things have happened.
grin.gif

Woman Kills World Record Grizzly w/22 longs

Regards,
hm

My cousins ex-husband killed a chimpanzee with an AR-15. Killed two actually. He had to unload his .357Sig on another. Those things are tough. He said the first shot with the .357Sig just made it mad. Hit it center mass. The other one took two rounds of .223 before it went down.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OKRattlerMy cousins ex-husband killed a chimpanzee with an AR-15. Killed two actually. He had to unload his .357Sig on another. Those things are tough. He said the first shot with the .357Sig just made it mad. Hit it center mass. The other one took two rounds of .223 before it went down.

He must have been hunting HM's Texas lease. HM has all sorts of exotic game running around down there!
smile.gif

Well thank God he was an off duty cop because a peon non Leo citizen with what's left of their second ammendment rights could never be competent enough to pull of such a miraculous deed. Maybe that's why our fat azz nazi governor and Chicago thug style leftist control freak politicians passed an "assault" weapons ban but cut out an exemption for the leo unions allowing leo and retired leo to exercise their constitutional rights. Pizz on the rest of us pos low life citizens paying taxes. This kinda of cops are only competent with firearms is crap and needs to stop. No I'm not attacking cops I'm attacking the idiots who report this bs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: OKRattlerMy cousins ex-husband killed a chimpanzee with an AR-15. Killed two actually. He had to unload his .357Sig on another. Those things are tough. He said the first shot with the .357Sig just made it mad. Hit it center mass. The other one took two rounds of .223 before it went down.

He must have been hunting HM's Texas lease. HM has all sorts of exotic game running around down there!
smile.gif

They lived on a ranch that had a lot of different things. Monkeys,zebras, giraffes. Basically a zoo but personally owned. Not just anyone can go in there. Two of the chimpanzees escaped one day and were running amuck. One tried to break through the front door where my cousin and their new born baby were at. He got home as quickly as possible and the first one charged him. That's the one he shot with the Glock. The second one he shot was walking out of the place they doctor the other animals. He could hear it throwing glass bottles and stuff around in there. One of the chimpanzees belonged to Micheal Jackson at one point. No wonder it was so aggressive.LOL

I read the stats that US Fish and Wildlife and the Park Service put out regarding bear attacks that were stopped with firearms.

44 mag was #1...but I was surprised to see how many were stopped with 9mm vs how many were not stopped with the .357 mag.

Didn't seem to have anything to do with caliber rather it was what people did...the .357 folks mostly fired 1 shot...then got mauled. The 9mm folks fired until the bear dropped.

Use what you've got and use it well...

Originally Posted By: OKRattlerOriginally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: OKRattlerMy cousins ex-husband killed a chimpanzee with an AR-15. Killed two actually. He had to unload his .357Sig on another. Those things are tough. He said the first shot with the .357Sig just made it mad. Hit it center mass. The other one took two rounds of .223 before it went down.

smile.gif

They lived on a ranch that had a lot of different things. Monkeys,zebras, giraffes. Basically a zoo but personally owned. Not just anyone can go in there. Two of the chimpanzees escaped one day and were running amuck. One tried to break through the front door where my cousin and their new born baby were at. He got home as quickly as possible and the first one charged him. That's the one he shot with the Glock. The second one he shot was walking out of the place they doctor the other animals. He could hear it throwing glass bottles and stuff around in there. One of the chimpanzees belonged to Micheal Jackson at one point. No wonder it was so aggressive.LOL

Chimps are known to be aggressive with a lot of reported attacks here and abroad. They'll literally rip your genitals and face off and eat your fingers. Lots of documentation and some video on attacks like this. Glad he got home before they got into the house.

Originally Posted By: wildflightsOriginally Posted By: OKRattlerOriginally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: OKRattlerMy cousins ex-husband killed a chimpanzee with an AR-15. Killed two actually. He had to unload his .357Sig on another. Those things are tough. He said the first shot with the .357Sig just made it mad. Hit it center mass. The other one took two rounds of .223 before it went down.

smile.gif

Chimps are known to be aggressive with a lot of reported attacks here and abroad. They'll literally rip your genitals and face off and eat your fingers. Lots of documentation and some video on attacks like this. Glad he got home before they got into the house.

Oh they're mean as heck. I don't know if it's true but they said one chimpanzee has the strength of 7 men. I remember going out there and seeing them when they were alive. The male would shake the bars on his cage and spit loogies at you. He wasn't friendly.

My cousins ex-husband said when he shot him with that .357 Sig he looked down at the bullet hole and let out a scream that he'll never forget. It wasn't a scream like he was scared. He wanted to kill somethin.

He'd never shot anything before up until that point. It bothered him. He said to him it was about like having to shoot a human he figured. To him it was like that.

Last edited:
Some animals should be left in the wild…but some people never learn…such as the folks who look into the eyes of a venemous snake and claim to have a spiritual connection…right up until the get bitten…

Originally Posted By: SnowmanMoSome animals should be left in the wild…but some people never learn…such as the folks who look into the eyes of a venemous snake and claim to have a spiritual connection…right up until the get bitten…

Yep, animals don't want to be out buddy. Unless it's a horse a dog or a cat. And I'm not even real sure about the cat or the horse.

If you really want to read about a crazy exotic pet event research the Zanesville, Ohio zoo massacre. Lion's, tigers and bears oh my!!!

Originally Posted By: wildflights
Chimps are known to be aggressive with a lot of reported attacks here and abroad. They'll literally rip your genitals and face off and eat your fingers. Lots of documentation and some video on attacks like this.

they do. this is a 911 call on a Chimp named Travis;

Back