Sunday Funday

wolverines

I had this coyote come in several times the night before. After scrolling through the pics, I noticed that the coyote was starting to drag the carcass. When they start to do that, I usually feel like I've got ‘em. I saw him coming through the woods with the scanner, but I accidentally hit the menu button and had to wait until it cleared to start recording.

Another bang flop for the 6.5 Creedmoor/95gr Vmax team, 31.5# male.
This coyote was very identifiable by its tail. Interestingly enough, this was the first coyote that showed up to my bait site on camera way back in early January. I hadn’t seen it again until Saturday.

Last edited:
Gotta like it when the neck goes stiff in slow motion. I used to fo out of my way to kill possums then read that they each eat about 5000 ticks a year. Now l swerve to miss them on the road.

Originally Posted By: jmeddyGotta like it when the neck goes stiff in slow motion. I used to fo out of my way to kill possums then read that they each eat about 5000 ticks a year. Now l swerve to miss them on the road.
Same. There's a lot of debate on this due to them robbing turkey nests. I personally have more issues with racoons that opossum.

As far as the shot, that 95gr vmax has impressed me the past few years. You'd think it would be hard on fur, but I couldn't tell you where I hit that thing after a quick inspection. DRT is all I really want.

Last edited:
Back