* I’m great full *

Infidel 762

Staff member
There is a local trapper, licensed through the state who charges farmers $250 to set up, $35 for each coyote and .55 cents a mile outside of a 30 mile radius. I have been asked if I charge land owners for shooting coyotes and I have always say no. I am just great full for the ones who let me hunt their land.

When ever I get a call of livestock or poultry loss I make time as soon as possible to get out there. I even have watermelon farmers calling during the summer. I always feel like there is a balance between them thinking I’m not hunting them as hard as they would like and trying to help them understand that I can kill more hunting it less than they would like.

Some of the ranchers don’t want me calling before I go onto their property, yet the others… well I like to at least send them a text letting them know when I am going to be out there. Maybe I’m weird, but I see it as a sign of respect and it also covers me as being suspect if there is theft or damage on their land. I also like to send them texts like this after the hunt:

If you feed a hungry man and he is thankful, he will say “thank you”.

If he is grateful, he will do the dishes…

I know all of the farmers/farms that i hunt. I always give them a heads up the day before.

Last edited:
Quote:If you feed a hungry man and he is thankful, he will say “thank you”.

Great quote, Jeremy. Looks like you've been doing more than your share of dishes again!
lol.gif

Regards,
Clarence

Originally Posted By: YoteslayerWAA courtesy call and a half rack of beer goes a long ways with my ranchers.

10 or 12 years ago I could get $450 for a good bobcat. On one of the larger ranches i hunt i took a half dozen or so and told the rancher i would give him the money, he said he did not want it. So I took one of the better cats to the taxidermist and used some of I made to pay the taxi bill and took him a mounted bobcat taken off his land.

Originally Posted By: hm1996Quote:If you feed a hungry man and he is thankful, he will say “thank you”.

Great quote, Jeremy. Looks like you've been doing more than your share of dishes again!
lol.gif

Regards,
Clarence

According to my fitbit I walked over 20 miles hunting these. I still never found those dishes

Quote:According to my fitbit I walked over 20 miles hunting these. I still never found those dishes

Yeah, ya did, I count 11 of them in that picture, washed and dried.
wink.gif

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: hm1996Quote:According to my fitbit I walked over 20 miles hunting these. I still never found those dishes

Yeah, ya did, I count 11 of them in that picture, washed and dried.
wink.gif

Regards,
hm

congrats on your position:)

A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold. Proverbs 22:1

Some of my place’s want notified and others don’t. Those that dont get a call at the start of season to be sure l am still welcome and a reminder of my ride. I make it a habit to stop by occasionally just to chat.

Great example of what it takes to have private land to hunt. If you treat landowners and their land with due respect, they will tell their neighbors. After awhile land to hunt will find you.

In Ohio written permission is required. Not all landowners do it. Either way I'm with you for the same reasons. Never go unless they acknowledge a text or call. There are a couple of exceptions on land I hunt but very few.

100% professionalism at it's finest, I appreciate your post.

I have the same mindset. I just got a FB message from a lady who's relative was having terrible Coyote problems and asked what we charge. I told him not a dime, I'd love to help him out. It's a special thing when you genuinely understand what a Rancher is dealing with in a critical situation, most don't, because they haven't experience it first hand.

Every day, every night I'll shoot a text or call my neighbor, relative or friend when are going to be hunting their place. Every time they say just go, no need to call.

I still do.

Back