Calling sounds

Wiscoboy

I have been starting my sets with 2 invitational howls on my zepps 1080. No barks whatsoever, though I do on some put the little quiver in before going to the howl. I do 2 of them and wait a few minutes. Then go to predator calls for a few minutes, about every 2-3 minutes and waiting about that long in between. The sequences are usually 30 seconds or so at a time. After 3-4 of them I throw in a different invitational call from a separate howler, and then do another distress sequence or two. Finally, I finish with pup distress or kiyi's and wait about 2-3 minutes before leaving. This is in Southern WI, but with zero luck so far. Anything I should try or that I may be doing wrong?

This time of year down here I start many stands with invitation like, give it 2-4 minutes, then go into prey distress. I typically do not return to vocals unless a coyote starts up with something. I will sometimes end with pup distress, but I can't recall one coming in to that sound that I hadn't already seen and worked.

I agree with Troy...this time of year I throw out a howl then go into prey distress...if nothing shows I might throw out another howl then finish with pup distress.

Now after my first howl I will pause for 2 minutes but then I call continuously...no pauses...no breaks...sounds like you might have a bit too much quiet time in there... you've got to keep their interest...

This time of year, I start a stand with a couple of howls, then sit and watch for about 5 minutes.

If I have any action, it's usually 2 coyotes coming in, one will hang up as soon as they can see my position, with the mate coming in fairly fast and trying to get downwind of me.

I shoot the far one first, and then work on the close one as it is trying to get out of Dodge.

Back