Favorite shooting sticks

I can no longer sit on the ground, too hard to get back. I have a set of Sniper Styks that I've 8" to so they work while on my stool. I like sticks because they can be moved and adjusted while still keeping your eye on an incomer or just lift the rifle off and swing around to one coming from an unexpected direction. I have a set of no name sticks that resemble the Sniper Styks but are a little flimsier. Sticks also slide down into my scabbard for easy transport.

izph9H.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AWSI can no longer sit on the ground, too hard to get back. I have a set of Sniper Styks that I've 8" to so they work while on my stool. I like sticks because they can be moved and adjusted while still keeping your eye on an incomer or just lift the rifle off and swing around to one coming from an unexpected direction. I have a set of no name sticks that resemble the Sniper Styks but are a little flimsier. Sticks also slide down into my scabbard for easy transport.

izph9H.jpg

What kind of stool and scabbard are you using? I use a tripod with a hog saddle and it's great for standing but not ideal for sitting for the reason you described, not to mention, that I walk a mile or two (thinking about getting a bike) to some of my stands and the tripod and gear gets heavy.

It's a Nimrod back scabbard and just a little 3 leg stool, coyote stands are short enough not to need back support. For archery stands I use a three leg stool with a back rest as I have to hold the bow and the back stabilizes me some while sitting.

Archery stool on the left and rifle hunting three leg stool third from the right.
TUGsVT.jpg

Last edited:
Primos Trigger Sticks, the tall tripod version for me please. I love the portability, relative stability, adjustability, and overall ease of use. I call places where you may have to sit on the ground, sit in in a chair, or even stay standing. The Trigger Sticks are one stop shopping for my kind of calling. Favorite chair? The now discontinued Critter Sitter.

I use a children's camp chair I found at Academy years ago. It is short enough that I can place elbows on my knees using a set of light weight sticks made from garden stakes.

35534421662_cebe6e92ec_n.jpg
35534422252_87512fdc0e_n.jpg
35703381665_18328148c3_n.jpg

Added a bit of ghillie netting to provide a bit of cover to help hide any minor movement w/hand calls, etc.

Tried the tripods, but like the maneuverability of sticks much better. That third leg seems to always wind up in the way, somehow.

Regards,
hm

I use oak homemade sticks, bolted together. Paracord a foot below the crossbolt adjusts the spread for best rifle position. Closed cell foam padding in the cradle for the rifle. Very steady while seated in folding chair,mine has armrests.

Don't have pics but I use Primos Pole Cat Rapid Pivot shooting sticks. I also have an older set (same type but different maker). Both sets are easily adjustable with a quick twist to shoot from the ground or a slightly elevated position such as the use of a chair. They have rubber feet which can be removed to expose carbide points for grabbing into hard rocky surfaces for a steady rest. They also snap and unsnap from your rifle or shotty using kind of a ball and socket type of joint. Very handy, lightweight and maneuverable! If I could find them, I'd have a slew of the attachments to have on on every gun I own! The original set I bought (not Primos) came with a smaller set of legs for prone or bench shooting which are adjustable as well.

Back