6mm Predator/Grendel vs 6mm ARC

the problem is everyone seems to think they want to lop off the cases to run heavy bullets. This just lessens the case capacity even more. We want more horsepower not less. this is the problem with the 6.8 cased variants, the 224 valkerie etc.

I think the Hagar or 22 nosler for what we do around here is best. if doing it again I would do a 6mm hagar.

otherwise I am waiting for Ruger and others to release 243 case sized varients in their new lightweight AR 10's

I agree. I have two rifles in 22 Nosler. I really enjoy that cartridge.

I want the 6mm variant for a bump in energy.

Seems like everything is centered around long, heavy for class bullets. I guess the majority of what drives the market is people shooting targets and long range, or pretending to be snipers, not hunters.

Also agree that if someone would offer barrels for the SFAR, or Ruger would release it in 243, that would be a sweet setup. I’m sure it’ll be coming soon. Ruger will probably offer it in 6 Creedmoor instead of 243.

I love the ARC, was looking at a few wildcats before 6mm ARc dropped. Between the two I would go with the ARC, mainly because of factory support. Dies are widely available, brass is a pain to find right now, but can be found, or what I did, resize Grendel brass.
I load mine with 87gr Hornady V-Max, it is devastating on yotes and explodes prairie dogs as well as my .243!
I've done a lot of load development with the ARC, sweet spot seems to be 80-95 grainers. With the 87s I've reached out to targets at 800 yards with ease.

Back