Sound Setup on IcoTec

lilFEET

Just curious how everyone else sets up their remotes. Do you guys just use the FAV1 and FAV2 for the sounds you like or do you rearrange your entire call list? For example put all the distress, howls, fight sounds together.

If the FAV1 and FAV2 sounds are like Foxpro's pre-set sounds, I would use one of them for coaxing in coyotes and the other one for stopping coyotes.

On my Foxpro remotes in my "Favorites/Presets" that hold 50 sounds I put 9 of my most used sounds in 1 through 9 so they show up first, with 1 through 4 being my pre-set sounds. Then in spots 42 through 50 I put mostly coyote vocal sounds and fight sounds.

By having some of my most used sounds at 42 through 50 on the "Favorites/Presets" list I can scroll backwards and get to sounds 42 through 50 almost as fast as I can see sounds 1 through 9. My 1 through 4 pre-set sounds are emergency sounds that I want to play instantly at a certain volume.

Instead of putting all of your different sounds into big groups I would put the 10 to 15 sounds that you want to play quickly in the your remote so that you can play them quicker without having to look through a long list of sounds.

Can you scroll through your remote backwards?

My CS-24 has the tx-500 has a numeric keypad so the 10 presets are just a button away, no scrolling, 1&2 are coaxer and pup distress, 3-10 are my most commonly used sounds. Again my WT has a numeric keypad with 10 favorites and I set them up the same way. My Minaska has a numeric keypad set up in 10 banks of 10 sounds and Bank 0 is my preset bank and again keys 1&2 are set the same and the other 8 keys are my most used sounds the other 9 banks are set up with specific sound sets(rabbit, fox, bird, vocals) with key 1&2 on each bank a coaxer and pup distress.

So other than differences in operation, my presets are the same across three different brands of callers

Last edited:
i use fav 1 for my vocals i like best and fav 2 for my distress. i will switch sounds as season goes along mostly the vocals because ill use a few different one during mating season, but i also will put a piece of tape on the back of remote and write numbers of some of my other fav

Bob each favorite button has 10 preset sounds and yes the volume is adjustable. The easiest way to understand how it works is that Fav1 and Fav2 has their own buttons and all you do is simply push the desired Favorite button and it pops up those 10 sounds. To go back to the main library simply push the Favorite button again and your right back where you was on the main library. Super super easy.

To select a sound to favorites simply go to the desired sound, press and hold and after a few seconds its set. To remove simply do the same. The long press and hold locks it in or takes it out of the favorites.

So you can set the volume on all of the sounds in Fav1 and Fav2 so when you use them they come on at the volume that you set ahead of time?

On my Foxpros you can pick 50 favorite sounds and pick the volume you want to start them at. The first 4 favorite sounds are pre-set sounds and there are seperate buttons to push to play any of those 4 preset sounds.

I miss the 10 pre-set sounds that the older Foxpro remotes had.

Thanks for the reply Kino M!

Back