AA 4350 in .243 Winchester

soup

Fellows,
I'm looking for information using this powder in a couple of Ruger No.1 rifles. Both 10 twists. I plan to use Hornady 65 grain V Max bullets for coyotes. Also, with Nosler 90/95 grain Ballistic Tips for WT Deer. My search is for accuracy not speed.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Semper Fidelis
Soup

I don't know where AA4350 falls on the burn chart but I would guess its close to H4350?? I've shot a ton of H4350 and it shines with the heavy stuff like 105gr and up, not so great with light bullets.

Actually I think you would be better off with looking at Varget, I've had outstanding results on 243 with accuracy and velocity with the light to medium weight bullets and its very temperature stable. I would also say the Varget is easier to get and has a lot of use in different calibers.

Sorry not much help with AA4350

AA4350 is an excellent powder! AA4350 will work very, very well for 70g and heavier bullets. Ao will AA2700.

Varget burns very, very hot, cooks throats.

Originally Posted By: Rhett SteeleIMR 4064 is what I'm shooting with my 65gr vmax. Very accurate and averaging 3500 fps.

IMR 4064 is what I am also using in mine with a Barnes 80 gr TTSX bullet. Very accurate as well.

Back