Universal chest holster

Not that particular holster, but I do have three chest rigs and love them all. That is a great way to carry a handgun and keep it out of the way but instantly at hand.

I bought my chest holster from Hosking Holsters for my 1911's.

Probably won't need to, but I liked the option of buying the holster only if the need arises for a different gun.

Last edited:
I spent a LOT of time in grizzly country in Montana. My girlfriend lived there (Whitefish) and we enjoyed hiking in Glacier, the Bob, Jewel Basin, Kootenai and the Yak.

What I found to be the very best option was some type of chest rig. I personally wore a small one made by Hill People Gear. It was just big enough to carry my G20, my wallet, cell phone and a small bag of quick clot. Its discrete and others don't even know your armed yet its very very fast to deploy your weapon if needed.

I'm right handed so I positioned the two zippers in the top right side of the rigs corner with a two inch or so opening so I could grab it with my left hand and "rip" the bag open and secure my pistol with my right. Very fast and works great.

Originally Posted By: Kino MWhat I found to be the very best option was some type of chest rig. I personally wore a small one made by Hill People Gear. It was just big enough to carry my G20, my wallet, cell phone and a small bag of quick clot. Its discrete and others don't even know your armed yet its very very fast to deploy your weapon if needed.

I'm right handed so I positioned the two zippers in the top right side of the rigs corner with a two inch or so opening so I could grab it with my left hand and "rip" the bag open and secure my pistol with my right. Very fast and works great.

Great choice as well. I bought the Hill People Gear runner's kit bag for my Browning Buckmark with a red dot on top. Just what I wanted with one main compartment for the pistol, and a smaller one in the front for a couple extra mags. It's position is perfect for backpack use too.

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1/ProductID/2

I have been running a Hill People Gear Kit Bag for years. It is a great piece of gear and handy in a lot of situations.

I have the Gunfighters Inc Kenai chest holster and really like it a lot. If you have multiple pistols you can just change out the kydec holster piece to fit another brand and model and still use the same harness. Very happy with it.

Back