FOXPRO Remote Question, Smaller Unit & Sounds

TXCOONDOG

I'm currently using a FOXPRO Banshee with the TX915 remote. When the temperature drops below 40 degree the remote buttons don't work properly. You have to mash them hard 5-10 times before it will do anything. It's always had an issue with mashing the buttons hard when the temp drops, but never as bad as it was the other night.

I am wondering if the new models with the TX1000 remote has the same issue because I don't want to by another unit that will have the same issue.

PS/update: I called FOXPRO and I got a new remote coming. However, I would still like to know who makes a reliable remote in all weather. I'm kicking around the idea for a second small unit for my stands that I have to walk a mile or two to reach.

Any comments or recommendations welcome.

Last edited:
I'm not stuck on FOXPRO and other manufacture recommendations welcome.

Any Tony Tebbes, MFK, etc. sounds recommended for Yotes, Grey Fox, Bobcat and coons (I want to mix it up with my handcalls)?

I run a Lucky Duck Revolt and my son runs Foxpro x24,they both get the job don.Son has quite a few MFK sounds while I have some Tebbe sounds,flip a coin on these 2.

If you can find a FP Scorpion in good working condition they make a nice small unit. I'm still using Minaska M-1 Bandits that are push 15 yrs old, same size S the Scorpion but I like the remote much better.

Another small caller was the JS Attractor, I used to pack one in my bird hunting jacket for those spots you run into that just scream "Call Here". Slip off the red coat and slip a couple NP BBs in the shotgun. just a mouth call is about as small as you can get.

take a hair dryer and heat up your button before you go it softens the rubber up and helps make them work . ill usually put my remote on the heater on your truck or put a hand warmer on the remote with a rubber band. or you can do what i did buy a icotec and leave your foxpro in the closet i wouldnt even feel right selling it

Back