Scope for 22 Rimfire

Guess it depends on your intended purpose.
I just picked up a ruger precision rimfire in 17hmr and topped it with an Arken sh4 4-16x50 in a 20moa mount.

Originally Posted By: crapshootGuess it depends on your intended purpose.
I just picked up a ruger precision rimfire in 17hmr and topped it with an Arken sh4 4-16x50 in a 20moa mount.

Crapshoot- would you mind explaining the 20moa mount verse 0moa?
I tried reading on it and think I just confused myself.

Seems like 20moa would be for guys that 600 plus - as it adds up adjustment for the long range shooting .
On a gun that is not planned on shooting long Lange like 200 under… is the 20moa needed?

Thanks

Originally Posted By: crapshootGuess it depends on your intended purpose.

I plan on shooting 25-50 yards approx., hunting squirrels and such.

25-50 0moa is fine, going to 200 20moa is good. Problem is how much adjustment your scope has. I put a Atholon Talos 2X12 on a Bergara BMR. I can go from 25 to 200 (maybe more)and not run out of adjustment.

forgot to mention with a 30moa rail I couldn't get to 25 yards with the adjustmen available with the Talos

Last edited:
Correct, the 20 moa mount allows for more up correction on your turret for long range shooting. My plan is to use the gun as a trainer to help me learn mils, dope, and better read the wind.
I probably didn't need the 20moa mount with the amount of adjustment in the scope but it wasn't any more money so why not.

For your application it definitely wouldn't be needed nor would that much scope.

Coyotejunki,
Sorry for high jacking your thread.
I seen an opportunity to learn and took it.

Hope the scope you have chosen works perfect for your needs. I don’t know much about glass scopes.

Back