Steel targets

Many people think it's great fun to damage steel targets they didn't pay for. You'll never stop them.

/thread

I accidentally left a steel plate up at 100 yards on a private property where I shoot, I was just using it to shoot 22lr offhand. The rancher's adult son shot it up with his 22-250 and then literally laughed and laughed as he later described how his gun turned my steel plate into swiss cheese shot after shot. He thought destroying my steel target was so incredibly funny. I didn't want to lose permission to shoot there so I kept my mouth shut.

I've never understood why people shoot up road signs on country roads either. Maybe thats the smallest targets they can hit. LOL!

Originally Posted By: 204 ARMany people just think it's great fun to damage anything and everything they come across.

Amen. We have trouble w/fence jumpers. Gates kept locked but barbed wire fence around property.

One year the sorry......completely cut down (w/gunfire) a 4" diameter mesquite limb which hung out in front of our covered 200 yard firing line. The disturbing part was their rifles had to be at a 45* angle to accomplish the stupid feat. I'm sure there was nary a thought about where those bullets landed!
mad.gif

Regards,
hm

Back