What do you guys put on your threads?

Ive been doing the dry clean thread thing, but it just feels wrong. I have some loctite brand copper based anti seize. Went to town this morning to look for the nickel stuff that apparently has a higher temperature rating but all i could find was some other copper stuff, rated 1800 like what i have. So im just going to use what ive got. Not like im going to get anything over 1800 degrees. My can for my .444 is supposed to be arriving today (ordered 4/21/22) so im waiting anxiously for the mail ma here.

I run Milcomm TW25B machine gun grease. We ran it on our belt fed stuff and a little bit on suppressor threads works outstanding to keep it free and protected. Its high temp rated to like 450 degrees so unless your doing dumb stuff it ain't going anywhere.

I swear this gun kicks less with the can on it than it did with a brake. And WAYquieter. What an improvement.
T9CvSp.jpg

Originally Posted By: SlagiattIve been doing the dry clean thread thing, but it just feels wrong. I have some loctite brand copper based anti seize. Went to town this morning to look for the nickel stuff that apparently has a higher temperature rating but all i could find was some other copper stuff, rated 1800 like what i have. So im just going to use what ive got. Not like im going to get anything over 1800 degrees. My can for my .444 is supposed to be arriving today (ordered 4/21/22) so im waiting anxiously for the mail ma here.

Ford makes a high temp, nickel anti-seize, 2552 degree, works well and you can get it at a Ford dealer or Amazon...

HighTemperatureNickelAnti-SeizeLubricant_D.jpg.renditions.original by Jason Mosler, on Flickr

Thompson Center makes a nipple grease that I've used for years on my muzzle devices, chokes, breech plugs, and suppressors.
Super Lube!!! Great stuff!

Originally Posted By: BangPopPro Shot Brand Pro Gold grease. Bolt lugs and the muzzle threads.

This was my go to lube for years on bolt lugs and barrel shanks.

Last time I was due to restock, I made the switch to Mobile 1 grease for everything, including muzzle threads. A lifetime supply for the cost of 1 oz of Pro Gold stuff.

On another note, I do 50/50 mix with the Mobile 1 grease and Mobile 1 20-50 oil for the AR's.

A short spray of Ballistol,then wipe.Done after every cleaning or suppressor change.Lotsa rounds,lotsa years,lotsa rain/bad weather,zero probs.

I use the white anti seize Griffin sent me. I tried going with nothing but after shooting and letting guns cool I was breaking free the firmly set muzzle devices too often.

For hunting probably not needed. Especially with the CB mount. Comp shootin a different story. I use copper antiseize on every rifle. Just a habit

Originally Posted By: springerI use the white anti seize Griffin sent me. I tried going with nothing but after shooting and letting guns cool I was breaking free the firmly set muzzle devices too often.

Ditto to the Griffin anti seize. Had the same thing happen with my adapters.

Back