22-250

I hate to do anything to attempt to fix whatever is ailing my rifle in fear it would cost me the warranty. Just picked the rifle up Friday. Just seems like too many issues for a new rifle. Ammo is too expensive to keep jamming bullets back into the casing too. I just feel like these issues should be addressed by Bear Creek and since they are NOT NEW ISSUES, they should have been fixed by now. Bad news spreads fast and if Bear Creek wants the reputation as a company that makes products that have alot of issues, I imagine they won't last long.

I've never been a fan of BCA, they have their work cut out, ARs have been around since the 60s and not one single quality manufacturer has gotten the 22-250 to run 100% and I doubt BCA will get it done.

Originally Posted By: daybuck I hate to do anything to attempt to fix whatever is ailing my rifle in fear it would cost me the warranty. Just picked the rifle up Friday. Just seems like too many issues for a new rifle. Ammo is too expensive to keep jamming bullets back into the casing too. I just feel like these issues should be addressed by Bear Creek and since they are NOT NEW ISSUES, they should have been fixed by now. Bad news spreads fast and if Bear Creek wants the reputation as a company that makes products that have alot of issues, I imagine they won't last long.

Did your upper come with a bca magazine?
When they released the 22-250 they were using a modified amend 2 magazine .
It functioned near flawless. I use that with mine.
I have tried to buy another magazine and they told me this in email:

These magazines are no longer in production.
Try a 10 round magpul mag- they work with multiple types of failures.
And to also try a utg 25 round mag - they work as long as not full loaded.

I raised [beeep] with customer service- got no where. Basically I told them in the end they are a bunch of idiots to
Discontinue a product that allows their uppers to
Function correctly. They don’t care what customers have to say.

My best advise- try to find an original modded bca amend2 mag.
Or bite the bullet and buy a apf mag

Shooter, mine was a complete rifle already built and it came with no magazine. Prior to ordering, I asked about the issues and was told by customer service they were fixed. I asked about the magazine and was told that the PMag LR/SR Gen 3 was the correct mag to run.

I did some digging.

Talked to amend2- they were regular 308 mags sold to BCA

Then BCA made/modified follower and put a spacer in front of follower to keep bullets to rear of mag.

I am not sure it can be copied. Maybe someone with some skills and 3D printer could copy my follower and spacer. Then put them in a amend2 10 round mag.

I posted piks- the grey part in front of follower is the spacer. Goes to bottom of mag to keep bullets back in mag .

I am very tempted to buy and try a APF Armory mag.

But not sure on the $180 price tag.

One guy here- I talked to said it’s the only way he could get his to function. He built one- didn’t buy a bca upper.
He seemed very knowledgeable.

I will prolly use my BCA mag untill it starts to fail and then try a APF armory mag.
My .02

I built a 22-250 and took the advice of a Specialized Dynamics video. Because of the taper of the case 10 rounds do hang up in a 10 round mag. 7 rounds work without a problem as long as it's gassed right and everything is built right, like any other AR. The FIL's 22 250 just needed more gas. It sounds like it's a hit or miss with BCA.

Here is what APF has on their site regarding their gold plated 180 dollar magazine: "***MUST BE USED WITH AN APF 22-250 CUT BCG, AND APF 22-250 BARREL***

APF CANNOT GUARANTEE ITS FUNCTION WITH OTHER PARTS.

BCA however does recommend the Amend2.....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: daybuckHere is what APF has on their site regarding their gold plated 180 dollar magazine: "***MUST BE USED WITH AN APF 22-250 CUT BCG, AND APF 22-250 BARREL***

APF CANNOT GUARANTEE ITS FUNCTION WITH OTHER PARTS. When I was waiting for my barrel to come in I checked into APF MAGS TO. I don't know how many rounds you put in your magazine but anything over 7 will set lower in the magazine and not chamber right. I built a 243 and when it was new it liked to jam the slim bullet in the feed ramps and stop. It came out of it. Some feed ramps need filed down to get rid of sharp edges. Not saying that's the problem your having but sometimes a good slap up on the bottom of the magazine can help.

Two years ago I built a 22-250 with Aero M5 lower and upper with a X-Caliber barrel. Downloading Pmags did help with feeding reliability but every so often would jam a round straight forward and smash the bullet into the case. Broke down and bought an 8rd APF single stack mag. My aero bolt would get hung up on the mag. Called APF and said they only recommend their BCG so I bought that too and ran it this year with no feeding issues at all. I was so far into it I just wanted it to run so I spent the extra money to have a reliable 22-250 AR10.

Originally Posted By: DultimatpredatorBear creek Arsenal just announced they will making a 22-250 AR. I’ll be grabbing one when they do.

Interesting. I’ll have to keep up with that to see the details and how it works out.
I bought one and it didn’t come with mag and with magpul mag it won’t cycle

A good friend of mine has a beautiful 22-250 AR10 from Specialized Dynamics. He loves that thing. He says he doesn't have feeding issues as long as he doesn't fully load the magazine. He runs 10 round mags and only loads 7. According to him, that's the trick.

Back