Good Afternoon

Bowhntr6pt

I've had this Savage 110 Tactical in .223 since the mid 90's. Just put a Ken Ferrell base, TPS rings, and a Bushnell Forge scope on it, an upgrade of sorts to the BSA scope that's sat on it for almost thirty years. Zeroed it at the range this am and figured I ride the ranch and take out targets of opportunity.

Shot this nasty thing at about 75 yards kneeling...

Next opportunity, what an entry wound...

Shot this last one off the hood of my truck...

Ammo was home rolled 50gr Nosler BT's. They did outstanding.

Nice rifle and good shooting! The 2 sows look pretty thin, not enough food or the litter is pulling them down. That entry looked more like an exit by the size of it. Important thing is , they won't be wrecking any more property. Keep it up.

Originally Posted By: 22magnum22Nice rifle and good shooting! The 2 sows look pretty thin, not enough food or the litter is pulling them down. That entry looked more like an exit by the size of it. Important thing is , they won't be wrecking any more property. Keep it up.

Yep, usually they look pretty good.

I don't know what's up with that wound, that's the side I shot her on as she was moving from R to L.

Originally Posted By: Bowhntr6ptOriginally Posted By: 22magnum22Nice rifle and good shooting! The 2 sows look pretty thin, not enough food or the litter is pulling them down. That entry looked more like an exit by the size of it. Important thing is , they won't be wrecking any more property. Keep it up.

Yep, usually they look pretty good.

I don't know what's up with that wound, that's the side I shot her on as she was moving from R to L.

My guess is the loose hide was wrinkled at the time of impact with the hog moving. Whatever the cause, it worked.

Back