My poor dog

kooman

So after years of reloading and thousands of primers I had one go off while hand priming. I always try and wear glasses and keep cases pointed away from me for this very reason. I was hand priming some 223 and a case must have slipped through that still had the crimp, so squeeze a little harder and it will go right? Well it went alright. My poor dog who was fast asleep at my feet will never be the same. Anyway always be safe out there guys.

Guess you've lost your helper now, too.
lol.gif

Been reloading since 1951 or 2, had a live primer which had fallen on floor undetected and when my wife picked it up in the vacuum cleaner it detonated. That was probably in the late 50's and I've done the loading room cleaning ever since.
smile.gif

Regards,
hm

I have been waiting for this to happen to me. It has not though.

What is happening unfortunately.... is my fingers are getting tired of the hand priming tool. I now mostly use the RCBS bench priming tool.

When I anneal cases I drop them in a wire mesh basket. Somehow I put a primed case in my brass, annealed it and dropped it in the basket. Made me jump when it went off.

I USED TO dry my rinsed off range pick up brass in the toaster oven in the kitchen. I said I USED TO. I hadn't noticed a live .223 round that I had also picked up and tossed in with the 100 or so fired brass. My wife did when it blew the oven door open and scattered brass around the kitchen. Fortunately no harm done other than a well deserved scolding and forbidding the use of the kitchen toaster oven to dry brass. Needless to say, I bought my own used $10 toaster oven that sits out on the covered patio for drying brass OUTSIDE.

One day I was using an impact hammer to pull a few rounds apart.

I knelt down to hammer another one, and against all odds, managed to hit a live primer on the floor.

Quite the attention getter......

Back