female coyote in the wind tonight

1trkyhntr

I've heard this coyote a few times in the last week or so but the full moon has kept us from going after her. Tonight it was dark enough to hunt the field where I thought she was close to. We walked in and I saw her mousing about 4-500 yds out. There is a dip in the field and she dropped down out of sight so I set the call off to the side of us. She popped back up in sight going away over the next knoll. I hit Vole Squeaks and within a minute or so she heard it and turned. She paused for a few seconds then committed and came in on a string. I stopped her at about 75 yds and we double tapped her. DRT. 25 lb female. The wind was blowing maybe 10-15 mph and increased to maybe 18-20 mph so we quit after the next stand.
AynXo50.jpg

Originally Posted By: jmeddySqueaks at 400+ In wind——what volume and was the wind going towards her?
I run Vole Squeaks at full volume, 40 on my CS24C. It is amazing how far they can hear. And maybe she was not as far out as I thought. I just measured it on Basemap and it showed about 370 yds if I placed it right. I've had several this year that were 300+ and heard it.

Back