Foxpro x24 results and a dumb question

BJJ223

I took my new x24 out yesterday. I love this thing. The sound quality is off the charts amazing. It’s bigger than my old Fusion. But, not that much bigger. It sounds better at higher volumes. I am very happy with it. I called in this guy with MFK vocalizations on my 3rd stand.

A215-E392-3174-4239-8944-203-D1-BCE1-E07.jpg

My dumb question - why did they put a bright green LED light on the back? On my first stand 30 minutes before sunrise, the call sticks out like a sore thumb. Do you think the LED would spook a coyote? I know I can just stick duct tape over it. But, dang.

Last edited:
I put masking tape over the LED on my calls and I can still see the light through the tape but it is not glaring anymore with the tape. The idea is to help you find the call in the dark so the masking tape just puts it on "dim".

Don't think the LED will effect anything...there is no frame of reference for the LED to be a threat...from all I've read they probably don't see green the same way we do.

Besides...looks to me like you did your job before it became an issue.

I have also found the X24 quite impressive and deadly.

Congrats, that X24 is a nice caller.

I always put tape over the LEDs, they are pretty bright if it's dark and the ground is snow covered. My Super Revolt has one one the back thats crazy bright IMO, fixed with electrical tape!

Back